intro

Proloog

A couple of centuries ago, when more parts of America became colonized, there also rose more and more wolf packs.

The 4 Alpha's of the largest and strongest packs decided to split America in 4, into the North, East, South and the West.
They became the firsts Kings of their area.

Each area had his own packs with their Alpha, Luna, and Beta.
All packs also had a Delta, who was the head warrior and was in charge of all the warriors of their pack. Some packs also had a Gamma, who was the protector of the women and children, especially over his Luna.

Mostly the Beta, Delta and Gamma positions had been passed down from father to his oldest son. Some packs were more progressive and there, the women and girls also could become a warrior, Beta, Gamma or Delta. But not many packs did that...

It happened sometimes that an Alpha picked out his own Beta, Delta and Gamma. Often his closest friends, those that he trusted most....

*****

They lived in peace for a long time. Till many decades ago, even before my parents were born.
A war started between the areas. The King of the North wanted to have more power. The West stayed neutral in the war. Many packs were wiped out. Thill the Alpha of the Lunar Eclipse pack took control over the situation, at that time a part of the North. He was a strategist, kind and good for his pack and many packs followed him into the war against the King of the North. He even managed to get help from some vampires and witch covens. When the war finally ended they decided to change things.

The Lunar Eclipse pack became the Kings pack. Their Alpha was declared The King off all wolves. They where no longer a part of the North.

The Kings off the south, west, east, and north ruled under him and hadn't any longer the title of King but instead they became Duke's. The King of the North was killed in the war and his son, only 15 at the time took over as the Duke of the North. He had different ideas than his father and with help from the King he became a great Alpha. 3 years later he found his Luna and with her help they put the North back together.

*****

02 July 2029

I'm Florence Moore, 24 years old and still mate-less. At 5ft4 I am small for a wolf. I have long wavy dark brown, almost black hair and big blue-gray eyes. I have always loved my eyes and thick hair. They are my best parts. I have pale skin, I am not a huge fan of it, but I have learned to accepte it. I'm strong but because I'm small for a wolf they always underestimate me.

My parents were the Beta's of the pack. My older brother Jack took over from them 5 years ago, the same day that the old Alpha stepped down and their son, Jayden Black took over from him as our new Alpha.

Our pack is located close to Tucson. And I'm a part of the Moon Valley Pack. We are a part of the West-region. I never met The Duke of the west, but I heard many whispers about him and not in the good sense! Apparently, he's handsome, with black hair and silver eyes, a killer body... and a playboy. His poor mate! Jayden met him once and he wasn't impressed by him.

Today the Duke of the west is visiting our pack for some business. Today is also my 24th birthday, not that I will celebrate it. The last time I celebrated it was the day that I turned 16.

I will never forget that day...