Not Little Anymore

Finally a day off! World Cup action is done for the day. My country is still alive. Is your country still alive? Let me know.

Hope you enjoy this update! 

February 2048

Xavier's POV:

I was finally settled in my new apartment.

Paris. Currently the new number 10 for PSG.

A dream come true playing here. So far I love it. I haven't been this happy about playing in a long time. I loved Sevilla. I loved wearing those colors. But the pressure that came with it? It really pulls you down.

Here I went by Xavier. That's the name that was on my jersey.

My parents knew. They didn't care. As long as I was happy and doing what I wanted, they were happy for me.

I know I've given them a hard time, but I really love my moms. 

Enzo's POV:

"Do you know what today is?" I walked into the kitchen. 

"Uhh, Tuesday?" My mom turned around.

"Ale." Mama laughed. "It's Wednesday."

"Jenni." Mom sighed. "Look again."

Mama looked at her phone. "Huh, would you look at that. It IS Tuesday."

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously."

"We're kidding." Mom walked to me. "We know what day it is." She kissed the side of my head. "Happy birthday."

"18 years old!" Mama banged her fist on the table. "You know what that means?"

"I can drink?" I smiled.

"And you can now live on your own. Goodbye!" She waved.

"Jenni." Mom sighed again.

"What?" She said. "He has been making professional money for like 2 years now!"

"Are you really kicking out your clone?"

I smirked. "Are you?"

"Absolutely not." She got up. "I'm just trying to distract from the fact that my mini-me is 18 years old." She hugged me. "Stop it. You were just born."

I nodded. "I was just born. 18 years old."

"Shut up." She pushed me. 

"But on the topic of living on my own." 

"No." She shook her head.

"You were just pushing me out!"

"I was joking!"

"Jenni!" Mom sighed. "What are you thinking Enzo?"

"I'm thinking it's time I get my own place in Madrid. I love crashing with Junior, but he's got the baby. I love helping him and Elena with Leo, but I don't want to be in their space. Since it's Gabriel's I think it's time I go on my own. I'll pick somewhere close to him if it makes you guys feel better." 

They looked at each other and smiled. "I think you have grown into a responsible young man." Mom said. "And I trust you completely and respect that you want to live on your own to get out of Gabriel's way. I also know that you've been a big help to them because he told Mariana and naturally Mariana told." 

Mama nodded. "It's true. Mariana tells Alexia everything."

"I know mama." I smiled. "And?" 

"With all that in mind, I do think you are still a teenager. Yes, I know, most 18-year-olds do move out and live on their own, or with friends. I would suggest getting an apartment with some of your teammates, but they're all wild boys. I think finish up this season crashing at Gabriel's, and over the summer we'll look into you living on your own ok? Just to see if Gabriel stays at Atleti. Who knows where you might end up too."

I nodded. "Deal." I smiled. "Can we just have dinner at home tonight? Just us and Joaquin? Maybe Facetime Maxi if he's free."

They looked at each other again. "About that last part." Mama said and looked behind me.

"If I'm free?" I turned around. Maxi was behind me. "I'm always free for my little shit of a brother."

I laughed and hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

"My not so little brother is 18 now. We're gonna grab a drink after dinner." He smiled. "Just one though."

"Sick." 

"Can I come too?" Joaquin asked.

"No." Maxi said.

"You're 10."

"Yeah but I'll be 11 next month!"

"We'll take you for a drink in 7 years then." I said. "Deal?"

"Deal." 

"My boys." Mom sighed. "Not so little anymore."  

Luca's POV:

"And that's how many years?"

"6." My agent said. "Think you should take it. "Italy is a good league right now. Napoli is a good club." 

"Let me talk it over with my family. Get their opinions. I like this offer though. But,"

"But you've never left Spain." My agent smiled. "Kid, I get it. Believe me. Talk it over with your moms. Call me when you're ready and we'll move forward." I nodded. 

I left his office and got back to my apartment. I miss having my moms close by. They're all in Portugal now. 

If I left now I could get to Gabriel's by tonight. And I don't have a game till Sunday. It's only Tuesday.

Think I need my big brother's help on this. 

I called him and then headed out. 

I got to Gabriel's and went to the door. He opened it and pulled me into a classic big brother hug. "What brings you to Madrid, baby brother?"

"Advice."

He smiled. "Come on." We sat at the table and I talked everything over with him. "It sounds like you're pretty sold on it." 

"I am."

"So what's the issue?"

"I've never left Spain. Yeah, we went to Portugal a few times, but I've always lived in Spain."

He nodded. "Do you think it's time for a change?" I nodded. "Do you want a new challenge somewhere else?" I nodded. 

"Then it's time for you to leave Spain."

"What if it's the wrong choice?"

"What if it's the best choice?" 

"But when mama went to America,"

"Mama went to America with the pressure to be Utah's savior. Napoli wants to sign you to sign a talented player. They aren't adding any pressure. They believe they can help you grow into a more complete player. Have you called them? Mama and mom? You are mom's little lion? Call them first. But you know you have my full support, Luca. I think this could be a great move for you. My dad became an even better player than he already was by playing in Italy. And Napoli? The history there? I say you go for it, but it's up to you."

I spent the night then went back home. When I got home, I called my mom.

"Mom." I smiled. 

"My little lion. How are things?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Do you have a minute?"

"For my kids? I have all the time in the world. Talk to me."

Will Luca go to Italy?

Will Alexia and Jenni let Enzo live alone? 

How will Xavier do in Paris?

Find out in the next update!