Your Father

May 2046

Gabriel's POV:

"I don't think your aunt likes me." Elena smiled.

"Mariana?" She nodded. "She likes you. She's just weird with me."

"Why?"

"I'm her oldest but not her firstborn. I was kind of just dropped on her lap when I was born. My father said if anything happened to me, Mariana would be my guardian. And ever since the day I was dropped into her lap, she's made it her mission that nothing would ever happen to me. No matter how old I am, she's always going to be protective." I smiled. "Even after all these years, she just can't break my father's promise." 

"So she doesn't hate me?"

"No, she doesn't. She likes you very much. She's just protective of her kids." I laughed. "When Jordana was like 4, Mariana and Mapi wanted to have a romantic getaway. She left Luca, Felicia, and Jordana with Vir and Nahi."

"Where were you?"

"In Portugal with my grandparents." I laughed. "But Mariana called 4 times a day to check on the kids. She trusts Virginia with her life, but when it comes to her kids?"

"Mama bear." Elena laughed.

"Exactly."

"Good to know that if we ever have kids she'll look out for them." 

"When we have what now?" I looked at her. 

"Do you not want kids?"

"I mean I never thought about it." I ran my hand through my hair. "But good thing that's in the far future." She stared at me. "It's in the far future, right?" 

Dario's POV:

"Welcome to Spain." I saw Luna. 

"Hey." She hugged me. "This is my friend, Jamie. Jamie this is Dario."

"Nice to meet you." I shook her hand. "We are meeting Junior and his lady friend for dinner."

"What about Gabriel?" Jamie looked at her.

"Gabriel is Junior." I laughed. "Just a nickname I use." 

"Ok." She smiled. "Good to know." 

We got in the car and I drove them to their hotel. I dropped them off and went home to get ready. 

Felicia's POV:

I sat on the couch when the door opened. "Where's Mariana?" 

"Kitchen." I turned around. "What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to Mariana." Gabriel walked to the kitchen. "Mari?"

"Yeah?" I went into the kitchen. "What's wrong with you?" She smiled. 

"Did I mess up?"

"How about you sit down and tell me what's wrong first?"

"Elena was asking if you like her because she thought you don't."

"I do like her. I'm just protective of you. Of all of you." She pointed to me.

"I know. That's what I told her. About how to promised my dad you'd look out for me. And you're protective of your kids cause that's just how great of a mother you are."

"Get to the point." I said.

"Shhh." Mama looked at me.

"She said that it's good to know that if we ever have kids you'll look out for them." He said. "So I was like uh what? And she asked if I wanted kids and I was like well yeah but in the future! And she just stared into my soul." He put his fist on the table. "And I double-checked. We're talking about FAR in the future right? And she looks at me. You know what she said?" He looked at mama.

"No, because this story is taking 4 years to get to the point."

"Felicia." Mama sighed. "What did she say, Gabriel?"

"She said she's pregnant." 

"WHAT!" Mom walked in with Jordana.

"Gabriel?" Mama looked at him. "You got her pregnant?"

"We were so careful! It only happened like twice! And we were CAREFUL! You taught me better than that!" He put his head down. "I messed up."

Mom sighed. "Felicia. Jordana. Go to your rooms please."

"But mom." I said. 

"Now." Mama said.

Gabriel's POV:

They left the room and I looked up. "I screwed up." I mumbled into my hands. "I'm not ready to be a father. We haven't even hit two years!"

"Gabriel." Mariana sat next to me. "What did you say to her after she told you?"

"I panicked and came here." I looked at her. "Because I didn't know what to do. If she wants to keep the baby or not, it's her choice. She's the one who's going to have to carry it. It's her choice. I just panicked because what if she wants to keep the baby? Would you guys hate me?"

"When your father got your mother pregnant he panicked too. Ran out of the house, to the field to clear his head, and then went back. Told her that he was by her side with whatever choice she made. She decided to keep the baby.  When he told me, he was scared but excited." I looked down. "Our parents freaked out, you're too young! You're not married! What were you thinking! But his answer was the same for each comment. I'm going to be there for that baby, even if this relationship doesn't last, the baby is all that matters. He or she will have two loving parents."

Mapi put her hand on my shoulder. "We're not going to react like that. Because yes, you're young. But we raised you to be respectful. If she wants to keep the baby, you'll be there. If she doesn't want to keep the baby, you're by her side. And whatever happens with your relationship, you remain close. For the sake of the child, if you two keep them."

"We'll hit two years in September." I said. "And I've thought a lot about our relationship and, I still remember how I felt when I first saw her. I thought she was the most beautiful woman ever. And then I was like "I just woke up after a car accident" but a day later? Two days later? Now? I still think that."

"Congratulations my oldest." Mariana smiled. "You're in love." 

"What do I do?" I asked.

"You go to her." Mapi smiled. "You tell exactly what you just said. And then you stay by her side regardless of the choice she makes." 

I nodded. "And you tell her, that we're here too. Either way." 

Luna's POV:

"Where are they?" Dario asked.

"I don't know." I looked at my phone. 

"Here comes Jimena." Dario said.

"Sorry I'm late." I stared at her. 

"Actually you aren't." He said. "This is Luna and her friend Jamie. Guys this is Jimena."

"Hi." I smiled.

"Nice to finally see you in person." She smirked. "Pictures, face to face, you just look good all the time." 

"Me? Have you seen yourself? You're breathtaking."

"What is this?" Dario asked.

"Lesbians being useless." Jamie sighed.

"Hey!" We all looked. 

"About damn time, Junior." 

"Sorry." He smiled and held Elena's hand. "We had something to take care of."

"You two ok?" I asked.

"We're perfect." Elena smiled.

"Ok well, let's get dinner! I'm starving!" Dario said. 

"Me too." Jamie said. 

"Oh, you are definitely the person woman for me."

I laughed and looked at Gabriel. "You good?"

He nodded. "Never better."