In Your Life

Thanks for the birthday messages.

I am now 23 years old.

Today SUCKED!

Glad it's over.

I'm going to bed I have to work in the morning.

Enjoy!

March 2044

Luna's POV:

"Not guilty." The judge said. I looked at Dario's father. He sighed in relief. "It was self-defense. But Ms. Garcia,  I'd like your client to enter into a program to help with his drinking."

"Yes, your honor." I smiled.

"I will happily go." He smiled. "I found out I have a son out there in the world. I want to find him. Make things right."

"Well then, I wish you all the best of luck. Case dismissed." We left the courtroom. "I have some pull with some programs."

"Of course. I know you know about my son. What can you tell me about him?" 

I looked down. "I know him. I've met him. He came to see you, but I didn't let him see you face to face. Not until we knew how this case would end."

"How is he?"

"He's good." I smiled. "Great. I'll reach out to him. See if he's open to meeting but I will say he's a busy man. Very busy."

"I can travel though, right? Where is he?"

"Let me get you started in this program. Get at least 5 sessions under your belt. Let me speak with him, and we'll go from there." I patted his shoulder. "5 sessions!"

"Yes, ma'am." He laughed. "Thank you, Luna. It means a lot. Honestly."

Dario's POV:

My mothers came to visit me in Germany. 

"How's the German coming?" 

"I'm not learning German." I said.

"You might not have a choice." Leila laughed. Mariona hit her. "What? He's playing in Germany! No one here is going to speak Spanish with him!"

"I speak English."

"Don't it bad enough Luna speaks it around us."

"Babe." Mariona sighed. "Just stop for once." 

I smiled. I saw my phone light up. 

Luna

I smiled. "Hey, Luna."

"Hey, D. Got a minute?" 

"Sure." 

"It's about your father."

"Can I put you on speaker?"

"You with your moms?"

"Yeah."

"Sure. Go ahead."

I put her on speaker. "Alright what's up?"

"I got good news. The jury found him not guilty. More evidence and witnesses helped his case of self-defense. He was ordered to start a program to help with his drinking which he happily started. He's done 2 sessions so far. Goes often, he's shared, he hasn't had a drink since the night he was arrested and that was back in November of 2043."

"So?"

"He wants to meet you. I told him I'd reach out, see how you feel about it. I know this has been a touchy subject," I looked at Leila. "But he's making progress. I guess he's had a rough life even before you were born. His mother died giving birth to him, his father was an alcoholic and abusive. He left home at 14 and lived on the street. He met your mother at 16. She was also 16. She got pregnant, he got scared and ran. Worried he'd end up like his father. Figured you'd be better off without him." I looked down.