Moving

Happy Halloween. 

Be safe out there tonight. I'll be on my couch with all the lights off!

Enjoy the update! 

January 2047

Joaquin's POV: 

I walked through the store with mama. "What do you think? Do we need milk?"

"Enzo is a beast. He drinks it all. Get two milks." 

She nodded. "Good call."

"Oh my god. Jenni?" She looked.

"Who?" She stared. "Laura?" She walked towards her. "You're in Spain. Why? I mean."

The lady laughed. "My job transferred me out here like, 2 years ago. How's everything?"

"Good. Great." Mama nodded. I held her hand. "Uh, this is my son, Joaquin. Joaquin this is Laura. One of my friends when I lived in France." 

I motioned for her to kneel down. She did. I whispered into her ear. "Is she the one mom doesn't like?"

She looked at me. "You're too smart for your age." She stood up. 

"How old are you, buddy?" The lady looked at me. 

"9." I crossed my arms. 

"Only one?" Laura looked around.

"Only one with me." Mom said. "Our oldest, Maximiliano is 19. He plays for Barcelona. Then there is Lorenzo he's 16. Plays for Madrid. Then Joaquin here. The youngest and the best." She smiled.

"Do you play?"

I shook my head. "I'm different. Mama says I'm special."

Mama nodded. "He's our special boy."

"Our? I'm guessing you and Alexia ended up together?"

"We did." Mama smiled. "This year will be our 25th wedding anniversary." She said.

"I'm happy that you two ended up together. I know how much you missed her while in France. It's good that things worked out."

"What about you?"

"One son and a daughter." She said. "My husband and I. 10 years."

"Congratulations. Thought you were fully gay." 

Laura laughed. "Everyone forgets about the bisexuals." She said. "We'll I'll let you go. It was great seeing you again, Jenni."

"You too." Mama hugged her. "Welcome to Spain."

"Thanks." She looked at me. "It was nice meeting you, Joaquin. You have the two best mothers in the world." She said.

I shrugged. "I know. I'm very lucky they adopted me." 

"I think we're the lucky ones." Mama said.

Caterina's POV:

The phone rang. I grabbed it. "Hello?"

"Is your mother home?"

"I have two of those. Be more specific."

"The doctor." 

"Oh." I put the phone down. "Mama! Phone!"

"Ok!" I muted my phone and listened.

"Hello?"

"Nahikari?"

"Yes? Who is this."

"It's Zariah." 

"Z." Mama sighed. "You have to stop calling me."

"I know. I'm sorry but today's it's just, it's hard today. Beck wouldn't answer and you always give good advice."

"I know today's hard. It's going to be. I wish I could say it gets easier but it doesn't."

What are they talking about?

"I just miss her. She was the last family I had left. I can't believe it's been 15 years."

"I know." Mama sighed. "Look Z, I really wish I could help you but the way things went with Alex. I just want to try to remember the few memories. I have children now. My oldest is about to turn 14. I'll call you once a month if you need me, but I think you should try getting some professional help."

"You're a doctor." 

"Not that kind. Look, I'll reach out to some friends over there, see if any of them can help you. Ok? I'll be in touch." 

"Thanks, Nahikari. I'm sorry for bothering you all the time. I always liked you. I wish she treated you better than she did. You were the friend she needed, but she just pushed you away."

"Bye Zariah."

The call ended and I put the phone down. Mama walked in. "I know you listened." She pointed at me. "Why are all you kids so nosey." She sighed.

"I'm sorry mama." I looked down. "Who's Alex?"

"Alex is," She stopped herself. "Alex was a friend of mine. When I was younger."

"Where is she?"

"I don't know." She turned to me. "But wherever she is, I hope she's finally happy." She said. "Come on, we gotta go get your sister." 

Jordana's POV:

We were in Portugal. Felicia was signing a professional contract with Sporting. 

The club was happy to have another member of the Mendes family wear their jersey. Someone asked if I was next.

"What do you say, Mariana 2.0? Wanna suit up for Sporting?" 

I walked closer to Mama. "Can we go home now?"

"You ok?" She looked at me. 

"I don't like the attention."

She looked at me and nodded. "I'm gonna take her outside." She said to mom. "Get her away from all this."

"Ok." 

We walked outside and she took a deep breath. "You're a lot like me." She said. "You felt anxious in there, didn't you?" I nodded. "Just focus on your breathing. Just breath in and breath out." She rubbed my back. "You're ok." 

I looked at her. "This happened to you?" 

She nodded. "My brother helped me through my panic attacks. They started again when he died." She said. "Lola helped me then. If I'm not near by and you feel like that, try to find Lola if she's around. Ok? She knows how to help." 

"What if I'm not as good as you were?" I looked at her.

She shrugged. "No one will ever be like me." She said. "Because everyone plays different. My brother played at Sporting first. When I finally joined, they said I was going to be like him. But we played two different positions and played different styles. He was more calm on the ball, and I was aggressive." She laughed. "People learned quickly that while I was talented like him, I was not him. They did the same thing to your brother when he started, but got over it quick. If you want to play, just play the way you know. And always remember that regardless of what people say, your mother and I are very proud of you. Ok?" 

I nodded. "I want to play." I said. "For Sporting. And Portugal." 

She laughed. "And just like that, Luca is the only kid loyal to Spain." 

"If I want to join Sporting's academy, does that mean we'll move to Portugal?" 

She smiled. "It does." We went back inside. 

Gabriel was now a professional player for Atletico Madrid. Felicia was a professional for Sporting CP. Luca plays for Real Zaragoza, but isn't on the senior team yet. 

Next would be me.

Mama told mom the news. She looked at me. "Then I guess we should look for a place."

Mapi and Mariana's kids are growing up! 

What's next for all the chaotic offspring?