Real Family

Enjoy.

September 2044

Raquel's POV:

"Mama?"

"Yes, baby?" She smiled.

"Can I go over to Jordana's today?"

"I don't know." She said. "Aunty Mapi is still resting." 

"She's been resting forever!" I groaned. "Isn't she better now?"

"No." Mom walked in. "Because Aunty Mapi is old now. It takes longer."

"Aren't you older than he-"

"Quiet you." Mom pointed at Caterina.

Mama laughed. "I will call Aunty Mari later and maybe we can visit tomorrow. Ok?"

"Ok." 

Mama's phone rang.

"Who is it?" Mom asked.

Mama sighed. "No one important. Girls why don't you go play while we start dinner. Ok?"

Luca's POV:

I stared at mom. 

She was staring back. "Why do you have that?" I pointed to your neck.

"Because I'm cool." She said.

"No, you're not."

Mama choked on her water. 

"Really!" Mom turned to her.

"Babe I'm sorry." She laughed. "Actually. No, I'm not. How does it feel to get roasted by your own son? Your little lion just owned your ass."

I smiled and crossed my arms.

"I'm proud. I've trained you well." Mom put her hand out. I shook it. "Now go to your room before I remember I'm a parent."

"Yes ma'am." I ran upstairs.

Gabriel's POV:

"Hello, my aunts who are also my mother's!" I walked inside.

"What's up, car crash?" Mapi smirked.

"Nothing. What's up with you bleeding up in the woods?" 

"You're my least favorite child." She got up.

"What are you doing here?" Mariana asked.

"I was just on my way back from my date with Elena." I smiled.

"Aw yeah. How is your piece of nurse ass?"

"Mapi." Mariana groaned. 

"What! I'm still in shock that you were in a car accident and your first reaction is to flirt with your nurse."

"I had a broken arm, not a broken-"

"I'm going to stop you right there." Mariana groaned. "You're still a little boy in my eyes. And Mapi, just stop."

"Any leads on your shooter yet?" I asked.

"Uh yeah actually." Mapi played with her hands.

"Who?"

Luna's POV:

"You can't be serious!"

"I'm sorry D, but this is how it is."

"He didn't do this!"

"We have all the evidence, Dario. Open your eyes. He's guilty. He confessed to it."

He covered his face. "Why?"

"That's a question for him."

"Let's me talk to him."

"I'm not letting you into a room with a murderer." 

"You're going to help him right?"

"No." I said. "I defended him once, now look where he is. I'm not putting my career on the line to defend the man who tried to kill my aunt!"

"He's my father!"

"He's a psychopath!" 

"Hey." Leila grabbed him. "Let's relax a little ok?"

"Besides. Foreign law. I can't help him here." I said. "And with everything coming together? Mapi picked him out of a lineup, Dario. Witnesses put him in the area before and after the shooting. We found the gun in his hotel. It's all right there, D how are you not seeing it!"

"He's the only real family I got left." He said. Leila looked down. "Leila that's not what I mea-"

"No, I get it. I'm just a woman who adopted you." She looked at me. "Tell your moms I said hi, Luna." She left.

He looked at me. "I don't want to hear it."

"I wasn't going to say anything." I shook my head. "But she's treated you like you are her own since the day you went home with them. You might not be her blood, but you are her son. Her REAL family. Are you really going to throw that all away for a guy you met 3 times?" My phone went off. "I have to go."

Maxi's POV:

"Mom!" I yelled. "MOM!" I yelled louder.

"What!" She ran in. 

"Can you help me tie this?" I held up my tie.

"Don't yell like that." She pushed me. "I thought you were dying." She helped me with the tie. "How do you not know how to do this? You've worn a tie before?"

"Mama got those stupid clip-on ones." I said. "Buts it's my first time traveling with the full Barcelona team. I want to look professional." She finished up and looked at me. 

"I can't believe you might make your debut this weekend."

"Jealous?" I smirked.

"No. Very proud." I sat on my bed and she sat on my desk chair. "Before we had you, we were expecting." She said. "But we lost the baby, sadly. For a while, I couldn't shake that feeling. But then I found out we were expecting, again." She smiled. "And a few months later, there you were. Maximiliano Cruz Hermoso Putellas. Our little Maxi." She laughed. "The scariest day of my life."

"Why?"

"Because that was the day I realized life had more meaning than football. I had this tiny little human who would grow up, depending on me. Would I be enough for them? Would I be able to give them the life they deserve? When you were a few months old, one day I got home and went to check on you. Your skin was on fire. You were breathing funny and you just wouldn't stop crying. I held you as close to me as I could. Laid your head right over my chest. Hoping the sound of my heart would calm you down." I smiled. "And I waited for your mother to come in. I kept whispering to you, mommy's here. It's ok. I got you." She put her hand on my cheek. "Thankfully, we got you to the doctor quickly. After a long time, you were healthy. And every night after you came home, I whispered the same thing to you when you fell asleep. Mommy's here. It's ok. I got you." She smiled. "I know you're older now. You're 17, you're a young man. You don't need me anymore. But just know that no matter where in this world you are. No matter how old you are, mommy is here. It's ok. I got you."

"You're wrong." I looked at her. "I'll always need you." I rested my head on her shoulder. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too." She kissed the top of my head. "Now hurry up. We're going to do a family dinner to celebrate your big moment." She got up and looked at me. "My handsome boy." 

I smiled and she left. I looked at my phone. The message from the staff.

What name are you putting on your jersey?

I smiled. I knew exactly what I wanted.