Chapter 28 | Extra help

Haruki Ray, a dragon hybrid. Human form with wings, horns, fangs, a tail and scales. And his boyfriend Micha Nishinko, Demon. Probably the best people that the Merfolk could run into right now. The boys lead them across the forested area into a clearing with smooth rocks to sit down on and plenty of brush to keep hidden amongst. Flowed scattered the area and it smelt of freshly cut grass.

The second they all sat down, Haru demanded Aries explain EVERYTHING that had happened over the past five years leading up to them finding the others. And Aries was quick to explain and get it all out to their childhood friend. All Haru and Micha could do was listen in awe at the roller coaster of a story. How the hell Aries managed to stay alive this long all by themselves was astounding. And the fact they managed to assemble a small group of Merfolk in the human realm of all places, get the literal chaos gems from a primordial god and plan a whole rebellion was even more mind blowing.

"Sooo... yeah I think that's it" Aries sighed, finishing up their story.

Haru and Micha just sat there for a moment, stunned.

"Wow... ok that was a lot" Haru said.

"I don't know what's more impressive, you being alive still or the fact you found THREE Merfolk in the human realm" Micha added.

"We know the pod is definitely there, just not so close to the coast like these guys were. Finding the pod had been... a challenge" Aries replied.

The dragon was just glad Aries was alive really, all this was a bonus. He missed them, they spent so much time together as kids and grew up helping each other through everything. He was worried sick when Aries disappeared, even though he knew deep down they'd be ok.

"Ok enough about me, what about you? You have a whole boyfriend now? Micha what did you do to make him soft?" Aries asked.

"I have my tricks" Micha snickered.

Haru rolled his eyes, no one would ever let him live down his edgy emo days would they?

"I mean, honestly not much happened after you left. With me I mean, stuff with Izroulia as a whole has happened. I just grew up, decided the nomad life would be fun for a while, met Micha and we travel around the island camping and staying in stoppers" Haru explained.

The human borns gave him a confused look at the last part, not knowing what a stopper was. Aries noticed pretty quick.

"It's like Izroulian for an airBNB, house someone lets people stay in temporarily for travel" they cleared up.

"Oohhh, stopper is actually a good name. Because you stop by there..." Icarus muttered.

Every time the human borns learnt something new about Izroulia, they were reminded that they had a whole other half to them they were just scratching the surface of. There was still a lot for them to learn.

"You've been travelling for how long?" Aries asked.

Haru looked over at Micha, trying to remember.

"It was just before I met you... so about 3 years?" Haru said.

"I think so, it was the spring solstice festival" Micha replied.

"That's right, yeah three years then. Which means we've seen dating three years as well... wow time is so weird"

The two had been stuck together like glue ever since they met, completely inseparable. They had so much in common, they bought out the best in each other. If true love had a picture definition, it would be Haru and Micha.

Micha wanted nothing more than to own a museum, or at least work in one. History, especially magic history was his thing. So when Haru offered for him to travel with him, he took that opportunity immediately. He could learn so much about history from travelling around, finding fossils and artefacts, talking to locals and reading books from all over the place. Izroulia was an island, but a very big one. There was still a lot of stuff to learn about it and the surrounding smaller islands that were under Izroulias rule too.