Chapter 18 | who?

Sitting at the waters edge, Pandora looks through an address book as Icarus walks up to her.

"Hey how was school?" She asks.

"Boring, any leads?" Pandora replies.

"Nope, no one knows a Zagreus. Guess if it's been like 7 years they might have forgotten though"

Icarus sits next to Pandora and looks over her shoulder at the address book.

"What's with all this?" She asks.

"It's my mums address book. I was hoping maybe she'd have Zagreus' parents number from primary school or something but can't find anything" Pandora replies, putting the book back in her bag.

"Well that's frustrating..."

Popping out of the water by the jetty they sit on, Aries appears.

"Ahoy h-2-hoes" they joke.

"Hey, any luck?" Icarus asked.

"I haven't seen the name Zagreus anywhere today. Checked phone books, sign up sheets and everything" Aries replied.

"Well... we're a bit lost then aren't we?" Pandora sighs.

Aries pulls them self up onto the jetty and sits beside the other two, tail up on the wood out of the water to dry off.

"Careful, you'll get spotted" Icarus warns.

"Around here? Nah. Only surfers with a death wish brave these waters. Too many rocks underneath"

"How are we even going to find this guy? We've tried everything at this point. What if he's not even in the area anymore?" Pandora asked.

There's a moment of silence as they all try and think of a solution. Pandora was the only one who knew him, so she was the only hope.

"Pandora do you remember ANYTHING else about him from primary school?" Icarus asked.

"Only that he collected shells... and he lived on the coast. He bought a trophy to show and tell once... but that probably won't help things" Pandora replies.

"Wait no, it might. What was the trophy for?" Aries replied.

"Umm... sport or something? It was years ago I don't really remember..."

"Well there's three sport clubs nearby. Surfing, kite boarding and beach volleyball. Icarus would know if he was in volleyball since she does it every summer. So surfing or kite boarding... at that age he probably wouldn't be transformed yet so he could definitely have done water sports" Aries replied.

"My dad caters fish and chips for the surf comps, and I've never seen the name Zagreus at one before. So must be kite boarding"

Dry enough to transform back, Aries' tail disappears and they stand up along with the rest of the group.

"Well we can try and see if that trophy is at the kite boarding club, or ask one of the members if a Zagreus used to attend" Aries suggested.

"Worth a shot I guess" Pandora replied, swinging her bag onto her shoulder.

"Can we get drinks first? I'm thirsty" Icarus adds.

"Fine, you're paying though"

After a quick stop at boost juice for drinks the group walk down to the kite surfing club on the beach and look in the windows for anyone around. The club was open most days of the week, but the trio weren't aware of the opening hours or schedule so they were walking in blind here.

"It's empty" Pandora sighs.

"Is it even open?" Icarus asks.

Behind them a man holding some beach gear approaches them, and catches them off guard when he speaks up.