Looking After Him When He's Ill

Walking into the house, you were filled with confusion as you switched on the light. The house was empty, eerily silent, whilst you knew Hobi should be home, his presence was nowhere to be seen. Dropping your bag, and slipping off your shoes, you walked further into the house.

Instantly, you walked upstairs to the bedroom, finding him laid out with the duvet tightly wrapped around him, eyes shut in a deep slumber.

"Oh, Hobi," you whimpered, kneeling by his side, pressing a hand to his forehead, jumping lightly at how hot he was. You pulled the duvet down slightly, despite the tight grip he had on it.

As he heard your voice, a small mumble escaped as his eyes slowly open. You smiled softly, greeting him, as he cleared his groggy throat. "When did you get home?" He asked, instantly feeling comforted by your presence by his side.

"I didn't realise you were feeling this bad, why didn't you call me at work? I would have come home and took care of you," you smiled, moving to sit on the end of the bed. "Has anything felt better since this morning, or is it just getting worse?"

A frown appeared on his face, telling you everything you needed to know. "I feel terrible Y/N, I hate being sick, I just want to be able to go to rehearsals."

"You're so sweet Hobi, you'll be back rehearsing soon," you comforted, wrapping an arm over his chest. "Is there anything you want me to get? Anything I can do at all?"

"I don't think so, I just want you right now." You waited for a giggle from him, but there was nothing, as your heart broke for him. "Actually, I was thinking about getting up for a walk, I've not got out of bed all day."

"I bet you're getting irritable."

"My legs just want to move; they're not used to being still."

"Maybe we could just head downstairs for a bit, I can set the sofa up with a couple of blankets," you suggested, watching his face light up at his cosy setup being moved downstairs to make him just as comfortable, whilst in a different space.

He nodded at your suggestion, slowly sitting himself up. "I quite fancy a nice cup of tea, or even a hot chocolate, I know just how good at those you are." You rolled your eyes, knowing just how bad you were at making a hot chocolate that could please him.

"You're just too fussy, my hot chocolates are brilliant," you challenged, helping him to sit up. "Just because you're ill doesn't mean you have an excuse to be mean to me."

He chuckled, picking up his blanket whilst you grabbed a few cushions, walking behind him as he made his way cautiously down the stairs, throwing himself down on the sofa once he was close enough. Once the blanket and cushions were placed, you brought over a box of tissues and his bottle of water.

"Anything else you need?" You asked, tucking the blanket around his weak frame, making sure that he was tucked up nice and warm.

He couldn't help but smile, loving all the attention he got from you whilst he hummed, snuggling down into the sofa.

You pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head, brushing his hair out of the way, before standing up to head into the kitchen and make the cup of tea he desired.

"It's nice down here," his voice croaked just before you stepped away, giggling softly, then breaking into light, yet chesty coughs. "Thank you for bringing me down here."

"You're welcome Hobi, anything to get you feeling a little bit better." From the sofa, he blew you a kiss which you pretended to catch, slipping into your pocket making him smile.

Stepping into the kitchen, you continued to hear his light laughter as you put the kettle on and grabbed his favourite mug from the top cupboard, one he'd bought whilst abroad that he always drank from.

Once you'd made two cups, you walked back into the living room, expecting to see him fast asleep on the sofa, you were surprised to see him still awake, typing away on his phone, squinting from the brightness of the screen.

"One cup of tea for the patient," you teased, placing it down on the coffee table for him.

"Thank you jagi," he responded, turning so he could face you as you sat beside him. "Taehyung sent a funny meme into the group chat, it made me smile."

You grinned at his tired expression as a small yawn escaped, bringing your hand up to press to his red tinted cheek delicately. He was still so hot, but he was too stubborn to argue against. "I bet the boys are missing you constantly bossing them around now.

Every hour Hobi was receiving messages from the boys asking when he'd be back, whilst they continued to text you hints and tips to try and get him feeling better sooner.

As he continued to yawn, you handed him his tea to try and keep him awake for a few more moments, despite the battle he had with sleep. Once he was done, you left the mugs to be washed up in the morning, helping him back up the stairs, resetting where everything was on the bed for him.

"Are you happy like this?" You asked, once again tucking him under the bedding.

He nodded, already feeling his eyelids droop, the small walk and drink were the final straw before tiredness overcame him. Whilst you watched him fall asleep, coughing every so often, you heard a small murmur escape him, asking him to repeat himself.

"Can you cuddle me for a while?" He repeated, kicking lightly at the open space behind him where you usually slept. You didn't want to get ill yourself, but you couldn't refuse him as he softly pouted, yearning for the comforting touch of your skin against his.

"I'll be with you in two seconds, just let me get ready for bed," you spoke, heading into the bathroom to sort yourself out and change, before slotting in behind him in the bed, wrapping your arm around his waist, feeling against his abs.

"You're still really hot Hobi, are you sure you want to have cuddles?" You asked him, giggling as he quickly nodded, pulling your hand to remain close to him.

"It's only because I'm hot stuff, not my illness."

You sighed, poking against his waist as he settled against your body. One of your legs moved around his, tangling together.

"I'm sorry I'm ill right now, I know it's not much fun for us both just staying in all night long."

"I don't mind, I just want to see you better. It doesn't bother me that we're not going out anywhere, sometimes you just can't beat a nice cuddle under the duvet," you assured him, trailing several kisses along his bare shoulder. "I think we both could do with a nice rest to get you back on the mend as soon as possible."

"I appreciate you looking after me, even though you probably had a long day at work. I just like being able to spend time with you," he hummed, having just come back off tour, he knew time with you right now was precious. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now."

You smiled, nodding your head. "I think that's a good idea, get as much rest as possible."

"Exactly," he giggled, resting his head back against your shoulder, shutting his eyes tightly, his lips parting slightly.

"Goodnight Hobi, hopefully you'll be feeling a bit better in the morning," you whispered, "if you need anything, just wake me up."

"I will, thank you, sunshine."

————