Forbidden

You could feel his eyes staring across at you at every little thing you did. You only hoped the pain in his heart matched the pain in your own as you threw your jumper over your head, sliding your phone back into the pocket of your jeans.

His body remained laid out across the bed with the duvet covering him. He was far too anxious to move, too scared to even open his mouth. His heart sunk with every little thing you did to pull yourself back together.

Once you were dressed and had collected all of your belongings, you found the strength to look back at him. A hot tear rolled down your cheek which you quickly wiped away, trying desperately to stop anymore from falling.

A tear rolled down his own cheek as you slid your bag up to your shoulder, peering in to check that your keys were inside. Your body was shaking with everything that you did, feeling all the control you thought you had quickly slip away.

"Y/N," his voice quietly whispered as you took your first step towards the door of his room. "Please, don't do this."

He didn't want to make things harder for either of you, but his heart was too broken to watch you walk away at the same time. You stopped, letting go of a deep breath before turning back to face him, refusing to look at his eyes.

"What else can I do Hobi?" You cried out, gripping tightly onto the handle of your bag, "we can't keep doing things like this. I'm fed up with feeling like I can let my hopes get up just to be let back down again."

"I don't like this either," he protested, sitting himself up on the bed, "I wish that we could be together too, do you not think I've had sleepless nights wondering what could be? You're my best friend, and I wish we could be more, but what can I do to change that?"

The two of you had been told from the start that a chance for a relationship was forbidden. Hobi had tried desperately to get someone to listen or change their mind, but the company was firm, the two of you were never going to be.

It didn't stop the two of you trying to find moments where you could imagine what if, but as your feelings continued to deepen it became harder and harder.

"You can stop playing with my heart whenever you just need a little something."

"You're more than welcome to say no, but you don't."

"How can I?" You yelled.

His shoulders quickly shrugged as he tried to find the right answer, but that was the trouble for you both. There was no right answer as to how the two of you could work even if the both of you were more than willing to find one.

"I don't force you into anything Y/N, the option is there."

"But it's not," you frowned, "because I'm naïve enough to think every time you text or call there's a chance that things will be able to work out for us. I'm stupid enough to think this time I won't get played by you because deep down I know you're a good person. Why would I say no when this is something, I want so bad too?"

"I can't say no to you either, why do you think we always end up in situations like these?" He asked, shuffling closer towards you on the bed, "I hate this as much as you do."

You quickly moved further away from him before he had the chance to try and reach out and grab you. He couldn't pull you in any longer, it wasn't far on either of you to keep playing these games. You needed something more, something that could be real.

"I'm not going to do this anymore," you stated, looking across at him, "please don't try and pull me back again, you know this is something we'd have to do eventually."