Whipped

The sound of you squealing across the studio caught the attention of all of the boys as their heads snapped around, noticing you quivering away from the corner where all of the chairs were kept.

"What's wrong?" Namjoon called out, with each of the boys struggling to figure out what had you cowering, with your nervous eyes looking back to all of them for a bit of help.

You were used to heading across to the corner and grabbing yourself a chair whenever you visited to stay out of the way, but as you approached this time, you had caught sight of a large web in the roof, with a spider crawling up and down, getting dangerously close to you.

Your heart raced, feeling several shivers run down your spine, your hand brushing around your neck as you felt a crawling sensation run down you. The boys were still confused as you took a moment to compose yourself, taking a deep breath with your eyes darting around.

"T-there was a spider," you told them, your voice quivering as you pointed into the corner of the room, "it was huge too, I think I might just sit on the floor instead today."

With the nervous look on your face, Hobi stood up from the floor, making his way across to you. His hand guided you behind him as he took a look for himself, trying his best to stay calm as he looked at the size of the spider, feeling his heart quicken just like yours had done.

After weighing up the situation, Hobi looked around, noticing an empty coffee cup on the bench across the room, pointing to it for you to pick up.

"Are you actually going to get rid of the spider?" Jungkook called out as Hobi took a confident step towards the spider, "the guy who used to ask to swap hotel rooms when he saw an insect."

"We all know why he's plucked up the courage," Jimin teased, nodding in your direction as you picked up the coffee cup, stretching your arm as far out as possible to hand it to Hobi.

His head shook at how distant you were, just managing to get his fingertips around the cup before you dropped it and ran back across the studio to sit with the rest of the boys.

"A spider is no big deal," Hobi replied, pulling himself together with a deep breath before facing the spider, lining the cup up to be able to catch it against the wall.

"I can't wait to see how this goes," Yoongi joked beside you, unable to hide the wide and excited smile that was on his face. "Has Hobi ever told you about the time we had to postpone rehearsal because there was a bee's nest in the roof of the stadium that we were at?"

"He did that?" You asked in surprise, "he's always told me that nature hasn't bothered him, in fact, he told me that he loved bees a lot, they were one of his favourite animals."

"He is so whipped for you Y/N, there's no way that he'd do this for anyone else."

A chuckle came from you, followed by a jump as you heard the coffee cup collide with the studio wall. "Got it," Hobi cheered, looking around to make sure the spider hadn't scampered.

"Now what do you do?" Jin asked, noticing Hobi's eyes flick around, unsure of what the next step of his plan was going to be.

Luckily for him, Taehyung headed across with a piece of paper, handing it to Hobi to slide underneath the cup to be able to catch the spider. Your anxious eyes continued to watch on as Hobi slowly moved the cup away from the wall, keeping the paper over the top as Taehyung opened up one of the windows for him.

"Drop the whole thing," you nervously instructed Hobi to do, "at least we'll be absolutely sure that the spider has gone if you do that."

"Don't worry Y/N, I've got this under control," Hobi vowed, hearing sniggers come from the boys who were all stunned by his sudden bold statement.

"This is too good," Jungkook laughed as Hobi quickly threw the whole cup out of the window, shaking his hands together to make sure that they were clean as Taehyung shut the window.

He wasn't done yet though as he grabbed one of the sweat towels from the box by the studio mirror, heading across and dusting off the wall. Hobi made sure that the whole web was broken before picking up a chair and carrying it across to you.

"Who are you?" Jimin teased as Hobi sat down, "you've changed, the old Hobi would have never done something like that."

Seeing the smile on your face, filled with relief that the spider was gone, was the only motivation that Hobi needed. Even if everyone else knew him to be a scaredy-cat, there was no way that he was going to let you think the same.

"Just when we think that you can't get anymore whipped, you go and do something like that," Namjoon spoke, slapping his hand down against Hobi's shoulder.

Hobi's head shook back across to them, "it was only a spider, it was no big deal. I didn't exactly see any of you guys rushing to go and help Y/N out."

"We didn't have a chance; you were like Superman rushing over there."

The stories about Hobi's true fears of insects were things that you knew you were going to be told at some point, with the boys beginning to expose the truth to you. Hobi had always been confident around insects around you, somehow managing to find enough composure every time to impress you.

"Thank you for getting me a chair," you smiled at Hobi, resting your head against the top of your leg, "at least I can watch your rehearsal now in peace, as long as you guys are sure that there's no more insects around."

"Why don't we get Hobi to inspect the studio for you?"

"I've done enough for one day," Hobi quickly insisted, unable to bring himself to run the risk of getting near anymore insects for the day and losing his composure around you. "I'm sure that the studio is going to be clean."

Your smile grew, getting your first hint of nerves in Hobi's voice, beginning to realise just how nervous Hobi really was to be around insects.

"Surely even you can explore the studio for Y/N," Jungkook tried to push, knowing that the boys were beginning to get under Hobi's skin. "or are you only whipped so far before you get nervous too."

"I'm not whipped," Hobi tried his best to defend, "I just did what any good boyfriend would do, is that really such a bad thing?"

Having spent years with Hobi's fear of creatures, the boys knew that he was doing so much more than his good boyfriend act. He wanted to impress you, and judging by the smile on your face, it had worked out rather well for him too.

"One day, we'll prove to Y/N just how scared you really are," Jimin assured Hobi, "if that spider was annoying anyone else, you would have left it, right?"

"Of course," Hobi laughed in reply, "but I know that all of you can take care of yourselves, it's my job to be the one to take care of Y/N."

"You sound exactly like a whipped boyfriend," Jin continued to tease, earning himself a chorus of laughs from the rest of the boys too.

"Being whipped isn't a bad thing," you spoke up, "and seeing how sweet you are, is adorable Hobi."

"Maybe I am a whipped boyfriend after all."