You Surprise Him With Date Night

You knew how hard the band had been on him recently, night after night he'd been coming home complaining of aches and pains, he could barely walk through the door some nights without falling asleep, it was getting difficult on him, which in turn, was getting harder on you too.

The spark in your relationship was slipping away as he dedicated more of himself to the band to get things done, so you decided to take matters into your own hands and try and do something to put the smile back on his face.

You were incredibly proud of your handiwork as you looked around the house, a small dining area had been set up in the living room, his favourite movie was loaded on the television for the two of you to enjoy, and the smell of some of his favourite foods came from the kitchen.

There was no way that he could turn away from everything that you'd done tonight to make sure that he was taking the best care of himself too.

Eventually, you heard the front door opened, he cleared his throat, opening the second door from the hallway to see you sat on the sofa, turning back to face him with a massive smile on your face. It took him a few moments to realise what had changed in the house.

His smile slowly grew as little things were spotted, the makeshift table, the dim lighting, a bottle of wine placed on the coffee table. "What's all this?" He asked, walking around to press a kiss to the top of your head, knowing this was all your doing.

"I thought you deserved some time just to relax," you spoke, standing up from the sofa to give him a hug, "you've been working hard, and you've barely stopped, so tonight, you are, and you're going to enjoy getting to do absolutely nothing."

You led him to the table, sitting him down and pouring him a drink, adding a quick kiss to the top of his head to make him blush. Everything was sorted in the kitchen; you'd left the oven on in order to keep things warm so that you didn't have to keep him waiting.

You had a lot planned for the two of you tonight, so you needed to make sure everything went perfectly. "I hope your hungry, because I cooked your favourite," you called through, swiftly walking into the living room with two plates of food in your hands.

"This is all so sweet," he whispered, watching the food land in front of him, leaning down to smell it, "it smells delicious too." You smiled across at him, grabbing the remote for the TV, pressing play on the movie for a bit of background noise. "I didn't even notice you'd put this on, is there anything that you haven't done to make this night perfect?"

"I hope not," you giggled.

You watched him closely as he ate, for too long he'd been weak and exhausted, but for once you could see the smile on his face, your surprise date night had given him the chance to forget all about his stresses, something that he hadn't been able to do for quite some time.

"I thought once we'd eaten we could get you in the bath to relax your muscles, you've not been taking enough care of your body recently," you scolded, "if you're doing all this dancing, then you need to make sure you take care of yourself."

"You have no idea how nice a bath would be," he smiled across at you, "I've been wanting for one for quite some time."

Your plans were set, once he'd finished eating, you took him upstairs, letting him lay on the bed whilst you ran him a steaming hot bath, a few petals were scattered in it, candles lit around the rim, and his favourite bath salts had been added too.

"Hobi, strip yourself down, and then you can get in whenever you want to," you told him walking back into the living room, his hands stretched out for you to take and pull him up, helping him to get rid of the shirt that he wore.

"Will you get in with me?" He whispered into your chest, falling against you as you undone his belt and helped remove his trousers. You could tell that he was getting sleepy, but he wanted to enjoy the time that he was spending with you.

You nodded, running a hand through his hair, "if it's what you want, I'll get in with you, once you're in first and comfortable."

This night was about him, you led him into the bath, holding his hands as he lifted one leg up, and then the other, sitting down, closing his eyes, enjoying the feel of the heat against his body, it was all that he'd craved for quite some time.

"So good," he mumbled, "it feels really nice."

You smiled, stripping yourself down, standing in the tub between his legs, lowering yourself down so you rested against his chest, feeling his arms wrap tightly around you. It had been a long time since the two of you had spent some time together, and he was determined to make the most of it, holding you close against his body.

"Does it feel better?" You asked, feeling him kiss the top of your head in response. "You've been working so hard at the studio recently, I didn't want you to forget about me, or us, but also yourself, you need to look after yourself too sometimes."

You were right with every word that you spoke, he didn't want to forget about you, or make you feel forgotten about, with all the pressure on his shoulders he found it hard to manage his time, but this was exactly what he needed.

Your date night was the perfect reminder for him to remember how important you were in his life, how much he needed you as the distraction from all the chaos, you were his calm.

"Thank you," you heard him whimper, tilting your head back so that you could look up at him, smiling widely.

You chuckled, "you don't need to thank me, you're my boyfriend, it's my job to take care of you, hopefully I did a good job."

"The best," he assured you, "you cooked my favourite meal played my all time favourite movie, and ran me the most comfortable bath, there is nothing more I could have wanted tonight, especially as I got to be with you."

You nodded, allowing your eyes to close, feeling his hands massage against your shoulders, listening to your light giggles as he took his turn to take care of you too.

"I'm glad I could put the smile back on your face," you whispered up at him, "I've missed being able to spend time like this with you recently, I know how important the studio is to you, but I'm worried that you'll work too hard soon. You're not superhuman, you need time to rest just like all of this do," you reminded him.

"I know, it's just been such a hectic time, but I promise I'll make more time for you too. The next date night is all on me, you were so kind to do everything that you've done tonight, there's high expectations to see what I can do for you too."

His hand intertwined with yours, squeezing it tightly, "you don't need to do anything for me Hobi, I just like having you home with me."

"I like being home with you, it's my favourite place to be."

-----

A/N

Hope you guys like it!
A follow maybe?