Cravings

As you walked downstairs at the end of your nap, you couldn't help but smile as you saw Hobi sat on the sofa having come home from work, creeping towards him and taking a seat at his side.

"Hi," you grinned, moving your head down to rest in his lap as he hand rested over your bump. "Have I told you how handsome you look today; our kid is one lucky baby to have you."

Immediately, his brows furrowed together as he glanced down at you. The smirk on your face was a strong hint to him that you were up to something, despite your pregnancy, you still managed to find a way to always have Hobi wrapped around your little finger.

When you didn't speak, his hands began to run along your bump as he tried to figure out what was wrong. He could tell you'd just woken up, but that was usually a sign throughout your pregnancy that you'd be wanting something soon after.

"What is it?" He eventually questioned when you still refused to speak. Despite you not asking, he knew what you were up to, you flirted with him enough times over the past couple of months.

Your eyes rolled at his accusation that you wanted something, before quickly deciding to applaud how well he had come to know you. As much as you wanted to deny it, you most definitely wanted something from Hobi.

His eyes didn't leave you as he waited for the inevitable moment for you to speak up and tell him exactly what you wanted from him.

"How do you fancy a trip to the shop?" You innocently asked, moving your hand down to rest over his, "because I know that you love me a lot."

"I just drove past the store half an hour ago on my way home from work," he pointed out to you, "and you really want me to go back?"

It didn't take long before a soft pout formed on your face, your go to whenever you wanted to ask Hobi for something. It was the one thing you knew that he could never say no to.

"The baby really wants ice cream, and there's none left in the freezer," you frowned, "are you really going to deny your child what they want to eat Jung Hoseok?"

His eyes rolled; he had become incredibly used to you using the baby to get your own way. Just with your pout, it was a huge weakness of his and one you knew he wouldn't say no to.

"Are you really going to use our child to get your own way?" He challenged, scoffing quietly as your head proudly nodded back at him. "You really want ice cream?"

"I had to nap to stop thinking about ice cream, that's how bad it is."

A gentle chuckle came from him in response, unable to quite imagine how difficult some of your cravings had been throughout your pregnancy.

"Any specific flavour of ice cream that you want?" He asked.

"No," you smiled, figuring that you were once again going to get your own way out of him, "whatever they have is good with me."

Hobi slowly sat you up so that he could slide out from underneath him and lay you back down against the pillow. The smile on your face would usually irritate him, but as he reminded himself that it was his baby that he was doing this for, he forced a smile onto his face as he walked across to grab his car keys and shoes.

"The baby will be incredibly thankful for all that you do when it arrives," you continued to tease as you laid back and watched him get ready. "Will you be alright going alone?"

"In the time it takes you to get in the car these days, the ice cream will have melted by the time we get home," he frowned, "I'll go by myself, is there anything else you want?"

Your mind began to run through the items you knew were in your cupboards and the many cravings that you had. Before Hobi knew it, he had a list in hand of several items that you wanted just in case you ever got a craving for it.

"I might as well buy the whole store," he remarked as he placed the list into his back pocket, "are you going to try and tell me that it's the baby who is this demanding, and not you?"

Once again, your head nodded, running your hands carefully against your bump. Hobi's head shook as he watched you, he knew that you knew exactly what you were doing, yet still he was happy to follow your wish and get you what you wanted.

"Don't be too long," you yelled out as he walked towards the front door, "this baby has been quite impatient waiting for a treat."

His eyes looked back at you, "sometimes I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over and for you to start having to take care of yourself again."

"You love looking after me really!"

Whilst Hobi ventured to the store, you kicked your feet up on the sofa and waited for him to come home. It didn't take long for him to reappear with bags full of snacks for you, and more importantly, three tubs of ice cream for you to enjoy. You jumped up as soon as he walked through the front door, racing into the kitchen to grab yourself a spoon.

"It's all in there," he smiled, handing the bag across for you to quickly search through, grabbing one tub and leaving the other two for him to put away. I wasn't sure which one you'd like the most, so I just bought all three."

"I could eat all three right now."

"That bad?" He chuckled, as your head nodded, walking back through so sit down on the sofa. "Did the midwife ever say whether there was a point that cravings stop? I'm exhausted of doing this, and there's still months to go."

You could only shrug your shoulders back at him, far too happy eating your ice cream to even give yourself a moment to speak up and answer him.

"Save some for me," he then called through, joining you on the sofa once he'd filled up all the cupboards with your snacks and treats. When your head shook, he reached across to grab the spoon and divert your mouthful into his mouth instead.

"How dare you deprive your baby of ice cream," you harshly responded, yanking the spoon from his mouth. "So much for being the favourite parent."

As hurt as he tried to pretend to be, a simple trip to the store was the least Hobi could do for you. Seeing the efforts that you went to throughout your pregnancy often broke his heart, only wishing he could take away some of your pain.

If his biggest job was to help you with your cravings, then he was never really going to complain. He loved caring for you at the best of times, but knowing you were carrying his child created a much deeper feeling within him.

"I even managed to find some of those biscuits you like whilst I was at the store," he informed you as you continued enjoying your ice cream. "And I promise I won't have any."

"You know, sometimes I look at you and think an actual angel has come to look after me," you smiled, "I've been looking for those biscuits everywhere."

"And now you don't have to, so instead of napping next time you get a craving, you can sit down and enjoy those biscuits instead."

"Thank you for helping me with all my stupid cravings Hobi."

"No, thank you, for being the mother of my child Y/N."