A Little Bit Of Privacy

Your eyes looked to Hobi as soon as you heard the remark come from Jimin, noticing the cameras that were outside of the restaurant and the distance that he suddenly created between the two of you.

"I'm fine about things," you told Jimin as he watched Hobi's arm fall from around the back of your chair, knowing that your relationship wasn't public yet, the last thing you wanted to do was make a mistake.

"Why don't you just go public?" Jin then questioned.

Your shoulders shrugged in reply whilst Hobi remained still. It was his decision ultimately that meant the two of you were still dating warily and going public was only ever going to be something you were happy to do when he was happy to do too.

It was a topic Hobi preferred to avoid, unlike everyone else in the group. They couldn't understand why Hobi felt the need to keep things so quiet, why he couldn't just proudly tell the fans that he was in love and happy too.

"Surely it would make life easier for you both to not have to sneak around constantly," Yoongi then tried to reason to the two of you, "living openly will be comfortable."

You could tell by the way that Hobi shuffled in his chair that he was far from comfortable, he didn't want to talk about things, no matter how much the others pushed.

"If you don't go public with Y/N, maybe one of us can pretend to date her instead," Taehyung suggested, slowly digging the group further under Hobi's skin.

"Just leave it, will you?"

The harsh tone Hobi used to finally spoke had the group stunned, with wide eyes around the table. Whilst both of them opted to drop it, Jimin moved further forwards against the table.

"You can't hide Y/N forever," he scolded his best friend, "that's not how this works you know."

You knew that Jimin meant well, but the pressure of the cameras and the nags of the boys too quickly became too much for Hobi. His hands gripped against the end of the table, knuckles turning pink as he tried to maintain his composure.

"The fans would be happy for you," Jungkook whispered too, taking a much calmer approach, "you underestimate how kind they are sometimes."

"Seriously, can you guys just leave it?"

Your hand moved underneath the table, out of view, to rest against the top of Hobi's leg, pinching gently against it to remind him to keep himself relaxed around the attention.

"It just makes no sense," Namjoon sighed, "even for me."

Your head shook to the boys, encouraging them to drop things too as the flashes of the cameras outside continued to disturb your view of the boys sat around you.

"All we're trying to say is that you can't keep this act up forever," Yoongi sighed, "one way or another you're going to go public eventually, so maybe it's best to do it on your terms."

Even though you knew that Yoongi and the rest of the boys had a point, Hobi was far from convinced. He took a few shaky breaths beside you before letting go of a groan.

As silence descended around the table, you watched on as Hobi pushed his chair back, standing up from the table. His footsteps soon headed in the direction of the toilets, somewhere he knew would finally give him some privacy.

"Y/N, we're sorry," Jungkook called out as you quickly stood up from the table, looking back to the boys as you heard them say your name. "We didn't think we'd upset him."

Your head shook back across to Jungkook, "going public is a really sensitive subject for him, I wish that I could explain it better, but it's best to just not mention it around him from now on."

"If you're going to get him, then please just let him know that we're sorry."

You nodded at the group as you made your way to the toilets, knocking carefully against the door. There was silence from the other side, however when you let Hobi know that it was you on the other side, the door soon unlocked.

"It's just me," you assured him as he pulled you into the cubicle, locking the door behind you. Immediately your eyes were drawn to the red colour in Hobi's cheeks, noticing a bit of crumpled tissue in his hand too.

"Why do I constantly feel as if I have to explain myself?" Hobi asked you, taking a seat on the floor, "I don't want to go public because I'm scared, but somehow I'm being made to feel guilty for that decision, like I'm hurting you."

"Whether we're public or not, it doesn't change a thing," you assured, taking a seat beside him, "it's a decision for the two of us, no one else."

His head nodded slowly, "so why do so many people feel like they have to give their opinions? I thought the boys would support what I wanted to do."

Your head shook back across at Hobi as his vulnerable eyes looked to you. You could tell that it was a subject that he'd bottled up for some time to himself, but now that others felt the need to get involved, Hobi didn't know what to do.

Your hand stretched across into his lap, grabbing his hand that held tightly onto the tissue, squeezing against the top of it. "We always said we'd do what makes the two of us happy, and that will never change. What does it matter what someone else says, the boys can have their opinions, but it doesn't mean that we have to listen to them."

"Answer me one thing honestly," Hobi asked of you, "are you really happy with the two of us sneaking around? Is it really what you're comfortable doing?"

"Of course, I would say so if I felt otherwise, I promise."

"Your opinion is the only one that matters to me," Hobi vowed, offering you a weak smile, "I don't know how many times I have to tell people that I don't want for us to go public until they actually listen."

At the frustration in his voice, you were drawn back to what Jungkook had said as you left the table, knowing that you needed to let Hobi know too.

"They said sorry," you spoke, taking him by surprise, "when I left to come and find you, I think they realised that they made a mistake and were trying to push you too much."

"They shouldn't be pushing me at all," Hobi argued, throwing his head back to look up at the ceiling, "it doesn't involve them."

For once, Hobi had a decision to make on his own, and it was one he wasn't going to be influenced into making too.

"I can't stay in here forever, as much as I want to," he chuckled, moving his head to look back down again, "I just want to be able to enjoy our dinner, it's stressful enough knowing that the cameras are searching outside too."

"We've given them nothing to work off," you reminded him, "they won't have a clue that the two of us are dating."

"And that's how I want to make sure things stay too," he established, "I just want the two of us to be comfortable with each other."

"We'll be fine, regardless of what others think."