My True Faith

The sound of the waves crashing just by your toes brought a smile to your face, hearing the sounds of laughter from beside you, your eyes instinctively looked to your left to see Hobi enjoying your surroundings just as you were.

"I love this place," he chuckled when he felt your eyes staring across at him, "we can just shut off from the rest of the world and enjoy our time together."

Your head nodded in agreement, lacing your hand in with his tightly, "being able to enjoy the silence of the world allows me to reflect on what I have a lot more."

"Like me?" He cheekily asked, unable to hold back his smile.

Your head nodded back at him, taking him by complete surprise. You never imagined that someone like Hobi would come into your life, at times it felt like a trick that someone was going to pull off at any moment and make him disappear.

"Do you think fate truly exists?" You then asked him, allowing your thoughts to echo out into words.

Hobi's lips pursed together for a moment of thought, he definitely felt like you'd been brought into his life for a reason, the two of you had the perfect timing and dreams, it definitely felt too good to be true sometimes.

"I'd like to think that we came together for a reason," Hobi chimed, glancing across at you, "it definitely does feel at times that everything happened so perfectly that fate does seem to be the only explanation."

"If I'd have met you at any other point in my life, I don't really know if we'd have worked out," you pointed out, allowing your body to relax.

Hobi's head nodded back at you, "I feel exactly the same. You arrived at a point when I needed someone, but also when I could accommodate someone else, and that's why it all feels so right."

You weren't quite sure if it was the setting, or the company, but you sound found yourself in deep thought. So much about your life with Hobi felt like a fairy tale, you so often had to pinch yourself to really believe that he was yours.

The dots connected perfectly for the two of you, both professionally and privately. You were a relationship that so many people had written off before you'd even begun, and these days you were continuing to prove them all wrong.

"I feel very lucky that fate brought us together," Hobi suddenly whispered, nudging his side gently against yours, "fate has a lot to answer for."

"I hope fate has a lot of good things to answer for," you joked, raising your eyes across at him, "I'd love to know why they saw now as the perfect time to bring us together."

"They knew that there was something missing in my life, and it must've known that you were the only solution to fill that gap," Hobi continued to compliment, "because you've definitely filled that missing piece of my life, now everything just feels as if its complete."