He Has A Nightmare That You'll Leave Him

His eyes flew open, falling straight on the empty side of the beside him. His arm slowly reached out, tapping along the mattress in the hope his eyes deceived him, but he was met with nothing.

Hobi quickly sat up when he realised the side of the bed was empty, looking around the bedroom for any sign of you. Nothing stood out to him as he recalled the moment, he watched your pack up your bags, only begging that the dream he thought he had hadn't come true.

When he called out your name, the room was still silent, only panicking him more. With each yell, his voice became more desperate for any sort of sign that you were still around.

As his voice began to falter, he pushed the duvet off of himself, shaking his body out as he rose to his feet. Darkness greeted him as he walked out of the bedroom door, moving throughout the house when he finally noticed a crack of light through the gap of your office door.

"Please," he whispered as he tiptoed across the landing.

His shaky hand slowly reached out to push the door open, letting go of a huge sigh of relief when he saw you sat at your desk working on a project. His eyes quickly began to water, and soon tears fell as he reminded himself that the dream, he had had was nothing but a dream, not reality.

You were unaware of his presence behind you with your headphones in until you felt a pair of arms wrap tightly around you, sucking most of the air out of you. You glanced up and noticed the tears streaming down Hobi's face, studying him closely as you tried to figure out what was wrong as he stared down at you.

"Where were you?" He whimpered, resting his chin against your shoulder. "I thought you packed up your things and left, I had a dream that you yelled at me and went, and when I woke up and saw you weren't there, I thought you really had gone," he cried out against you.

"I've been here the entire time, I would never leave you," you sighed, brushing your hand over the top of his head. "I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get some work done instead."

Hobi picked you up quickly, sitting you down in his lap as he made himself comfortable in your chair. The material of your shirt was drenched with his tears as you tried to calm him down.

"I can remember all the things you said, it really felt like you were walking away from me. There was a point where you just slammed the door and told me that you never wanted to see me again, I didn't know what to do. I really thought that was it for the two of us."

"None of it happened, I'm right here beside you, you can feel me, can't you?"

His head slowly nodded as he tried to recompose himself. He'd never experienced a panic like it then when he thought you'd gone; no words could explain to you how real he really thought it was. He quickly encouraged you to wrap your arms tighter around you, feeling much happier with as much as your touch around him as possible.

"Just take a moment to relax," you smiled, placing your hand over his heart, "I know it's probably a little bit overwhelming right now, but there's nothing you need to worry about right now, it was all just a nightmare."

"I just can't believe how real it all felt?"

You didn't quite know what to say to make him feel better as he continued to snuffle into your side, grabbing onto you at any moment he could to remind himself that you were there.

"There's no rush," you repeatedly whispered into his ear, "I know it's a little scary, but I promise that I'm right here, and there's no way that I'm going anywhere."

"I don't know what I'd do if you were to ever go. Just the nightmare alone was enough to make me realise that I never want to let you go or leave you."

Words failed him as he tried to explain to you just how scared he was. The thought of you leaving had never crossed Hobi's mind before, but the moment that felt like becoming a reality, he experienced a fear like he never had done before.

"Listen to me, I don't plan on going anywhere, regardless of what your dreams may think," you assured him, wiping away the few tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"I know you wouldn't, that's what confused me more. I didn't get why you'd ever do that."

Your head shook, smiling softly as Hobi looked across at you. Whilst the fear was still clear in his eyes, he slowly began to settle and convince himself that you were still there, and best of all, didn't plan on going anywhere.

"Maybe your subconscious freaked out when I left the bed to come in here, I've read about those sorts of things happening before to people."

"You never leave the bed once we go to sleep."

Your head nodded, you were usually tucked into his side from the moment the two of you headed to bed, so to reach out and not feel you there came as a huge surprise to him. He didn't understand where you were or why he couldn't reach out for you.

"Why don't we head back to bed and let things go back to usual? I promise that I won't leave for the rest of the night, I'll be right there beside you."

He slowly nodded, helping you to stand up from the chair. "Aren't you busy here now, you don't have to go to bed just for me."

"No, I was planning on heading to bed soon anyway, I need to get some rest."

Hobi reached out for your hand as soon as he was on his feet, tentatively approaching the bedroom. You followed behind him as he laid back down, adjusting the duvet from where he had thrown it off himself in a panic.

"Get comfortable," you smiled before laying down beside you, tucking yourself in as close as you could to him. "See, I'm right here now, you can feel me and know that I'm there."

His head tilted to rest against yours, "I know you're here," he mused, tightening his arm around your waist. "I'm sorry if I worried you, I love you."

"Don't apologise," you whispered across to him, pressing a kiss against his forehead, "I love you too, I'm just glad that you're feeling a bit better now."

You watched closely as his eyes began to flutter shut, placing your hand against his chest as you finally began to feel his heartbeat settle. Your other hand brushed gently through his hair, moving it out of the way of his face.

"I'm never going to go anywhere," you whispered up to him.

A light murmur came from him in response to you, far too exhausted to let go of any words. You giggled gently as finally his eyes closed properly, feeling his grip loosen around you as he fell back into a dream.

"You're so cute Hobi, honestly."