Post Baby Blues

His smile softened as he walked into the bedroom, noticing you twirling around as you looked at yourself from all angles. "Everything alright?" His voice softly asked, causing you to jump, folding your arms across your chest.

Your head nodded, but Hobi knew you far better than that to know that things were anything but alright. He walked over to your side, wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you into his side and pressing his lips to your cheek.

"What's going on?" He asked once again, squeezing gently around your waist. "Is this about your body again?"

Your eyes turned to face him as your head slowly nodded, "I just wish that I could go back to how I looked before pregnancy, I thought by now I was supposed to be the same, but I look as if nothing has changed in five months."

"There's no time period on post-pregnancy," he quickly assured you, "what matters the most is that our little girl is healthy, not how you look," he added, resting his head against yours, "and for the record, I think you look incredible right now."

Your head shook, unable to trust in his words. Little details that Hobi often missed still stuck out to you, things that you'd watched change during your pregnancy, that were still yet to change at the end of it.

"I'm far from incredible," you muttered under your breath, just loud enough for Hobi to hear.

In reaction, he pulled back away from you, cupping the side of your cheek with his left hand. "Look at you! You're perfect!" He cried out, "you've still only just given birth, you can't be so hard on yourself Y/N."

"I just want to look good for you," you whispered back to him.

His eyes widened, brushing the bad of his thumb against your skin, "you do look good for me, you look faultless. Your body has given me the greatest gift in the world, I would be a fool to even attempt to search for a fault in something that has done something so incredible for me."

Whilst Hobi wasn't blind to the changes that your body had undertaken, he couldn't help but love them, because they were the results of the little girl that slept peacefully in the adjoining room.

"Please, don't be so hard on yourself," he requested, moving you across the room to sit down on the end of the bed. "I know it's easy for me to say, but you have to trust me when I tell you that I love you more than I've ever loved you before, despite all the changes that have been made."

"So, you see it too?" You whimpered.

His head nodded back at you, "I see changes, for the better. Sometimes you need to cut yourself a bit of slack and remind yourself that your body is different because you grew a human, that makes your body beautiful, regardless of its shape, size, or anything else."

"Thank you, that was just what I needed to hear."