Looking for Sanctuary

Start from the beginning

Lash chuckled as he looked up at the blonde lilith who had fought Anka to the death in a duel to prove the Nordstrom had plotted to kill an infant, breaking their most sacred law.

"That, you are," he agreed wryly. He then looked to Dru and Fiadh. "Well, since I know it's useless to try to convince a lilith not to do what she intends on doing, we might as well get this circus on the road! And he hopped onto the ramp and began walking into the interior.

"Who are they?" Ellie leaned close to Narcist to ask in a whisper, troubled by the obvious affection all three liliths had for the big vampire. How was she, a breeder, going to compete against three Queens of the Night for Lash's affections??

"The redhaired lilith is Fiadh, an Irish queen we rescued from first a Hand assassination attempt on a train, then a White Flame hostage situation in Dublin. With her m'tada dead to the man, she asked Ventru to give her protection to Salzburg. She kind of stuck with us after that."

"And the blonde? The one who can fight with knives?"

"That's Meredith, a British queen. We rescued her from a Hand and White Flame assassination attempt at Heathrow International in London. Her m'tada were also wiped out so we offered her protection as well. The one with the braid, though, the Nosferatu; she I don't know. But, judging by the looks she's giving our man, it's my guess she went into season while they were in NachtFeuer together and he was her choice to resolve the situation. And she ended up enjoying it much, much more than she thought she would!"

That thinned Ellie's lips. Unfortunately, Narcist's evaluation felt completely accurate. But how could she blame any of them? A tall, gangly boy when they parted after she tested positive for fertility and was taken to the creche at thirteen, Lash had matured into a perfect man, a deliciously handsome and powerful alpha prime with an exquisite bloodline directly from the Ancient One himself. With all the High Lords and powerful vampires she had been called on to be with, none of them were remotely worthy to even stand in his shade. It was no surprise the liliths were climbing over each other in an attempt to get his attention. If she could control her pheromones like they could, she'd be doing the same thing.

Then she had to push her thoughts and feelings aside for the moment as the ramp started to lift, forcing her to hop in or be left behind.

After reaching a cruising altitude of about 25,000 feet and leveling off, the three planes turned north and began driving towards their target. Which was:

"Here," Narcist said as she tapped a spot on a map of Denmark. The holographic map was projected from the small map table in the pint-sized war room sitting just behind the cockpit on a platform overlooking the cargo bay. Standing around the table with Narcist was a frowning Lash, an intent Dru, a thoughtful Fiadh, and a calculating Meredith.

"From the analysis the Legion's electronic intel team did on the original captured signal, they put its origin here, outside the Ventru enclave of Blutholt on the western coast, just south of Esbjerg."

"Coastal plain, some forests, fairly pastoral," the tech went on to say, looking at her tablet that had a full description of the area. "Ventru has had holdings there for centuries. Our early ancestors apparently had a taste for viking blood!"

"How big is that city?" Dru asked, arms folded beneath her generous breasts. "Esbjerg, I believe you called it."

"Yes, Mistress. One of Denmark's largest ports and fisheries, it has approximately 114,000 in the city and surrounding area."

"A good size, then," Meredith said musingly. "Big enough for a small group of desperate vampires to get lost in."

"How about the Dark Edge? Does the community have a significant presence there?" the Nosferatu lilith then asked.