The Love Square {6}

Start from the beginning

                “Here we go,” I said, taking a deep breath and just praying that Colin wouldn’t murder me for having his letter to Emma.

                Zane followed me as I approached Colin. Colin turned to face me and glared at me in hate and annoyance.

                “What do you want, faggot? I thought I told you not to talk to me,” he said, his voice as annoyed as his expression.

                I reached into my back pocket and produced the letter, holding it out to Colin. His face paled as he stared at it.

                “You dropped this yesterday. I promise I didn’t open it,” I said honestly.

                He snatched it out of my hand, stuffing it into his back pocket. He gripped my shirt tightly, getting in my face.

                “You fucking faggot,” he hissed. “I should beat the shit out of you.”

                “Colin, let him go,” Collie said, rolling his eyes, not even looking up from his phone.

                “Shut up Collie!” Colin snapped.

                Collie looked up from his phone, shoving it into his pocket. “I said let him go,” he said flatly.

                “No,” Colin said, narrowing his eyes at Collie. “I won’t let him go. He stole something from me!”

                “You dropped it!” I cried. “It fell out of your pocket, and I picked it up so that I could give it back to you! I swear I didn’t open it!”

                “I don’t believe you,” he growled, his eyes flashing dangerously.

                “Colin, he’s telling the truth. Let him go right now!” Zane demanded.

                Collie sighed in annoyance and shoved Colin off of me. I stepped back nervously as the twins glared at each other.

                “Why do you have to be such a dick to Ant all the time, Colin? I don’t think you’re exactly impressing anybody,” Collie said, crossing his arms.

                “Colin, Collie’s right. You are mean to that kid a lot,” Emma said, frowning and placing a hand on Colin’s shoulder.

                “Because he’s a boy who likes boys! Do you know how disgusting that is?” Colin said in absolute disgust. He turned to Collie and smacked him in the arm. “You know how disgusting it is, Collie. Why are you defending that little faggot?”

                Collie sighed and shook his head. “Sorry about this thick-headed moron,” he said, turning his attention to me and jerking his thumb at Colin.

                “He is not thick-headed!” I said, shaking my head at Collie.

                “You both are,” Collie grumbled.

                Colin reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me close again. I fought off a blush and a grin. Now was not the time to look happy! As much as I enjoyed being close to Colin, I knew it was only because he wanted to hurt me.

                “I will never understand why everyone thinks you’re a nice guy, when you treat Ant like this,” Collie said, pulling Colin off of me again and shoving him away.

                “Colin, stop,” Emma begged, gently placing her hand on his shoulder. “Just leave that kid alone. He was just giving you back whatever you dropped!”

                “When did you become friends with the cock sucker?” Colin demanded, glaring at Collie and ignoring Emma.

                “I haven’t actually sucked a cock before. I was saving that first time for when we finally get together,” I pointed out. My eyes widened and I slapped a hand over my mouth.

                “Ant, I would run if I was you,” Collie said with a sigh, grabbing Colin as he moved to lunge at me. “I can’t hold him forever.”

                Zane grabbed my hand and forced me to hurry away from Colin. He pulled me into the music room and away from the door.

                “Ant, why do you always have to make him mad?” he groaned.

                “I just like to be honest with him!” I whined.

                “Hey, what was that letter about anyways?” Zane asked curiously as the warning bell exploded. He grabbed my hand as I moved to leave and shook his head. “No, no, no. We’re staying here for a few minutes. Rather late than dead.”

                I pouted and crossed my arms, but didn’t make any attempt to leave the music room. No one used this room first period, so we would be safe.

                “I don’t know what it’s about, Zane. I honestly didn’t read it! I just know that it was addressed to Emma. I think it was a love letter.” I shrugged.

                “And that doesn’t bother you?” he asked in confusion. “You know, that the love of your life is writing love letters to some girl?”

                I grinned and shoved my hands into my pockets, shrugging again. “Colin will come around eventually, and realize that we’re meant to be together,” I said positively. Someday, it would happen. My dream would come true, and Colin and I would finally be together as a couple. I was absolutely sure of it.

                Zane sighed and smiled, slapping me on the back. “Well, good for you Ant. I hope you’re right. And I just pray that Colin doesn’t kill you before he loves you,” he said, laughing. “I think it’s safe to leave the music room now, by the way.”

                “He won’t kill me,” I said as I shoved the door open and left the room with Zane. “He might rough me up a little bit, but he would never seriously hurt me.”

                “Whatever you say Ant,” Zane said, rolling his eyes.

                He grabbed my hand and pulled me behind the main stairs as Colin, Collie, and their friends passed by. I eagerly eyed Colin’s appearance before Zane pulled me away.

                “Stop eye raping him! If he looked over, he would’ve seen you,” Zane said as he hurriedly pulled me into the sophomore hallway and towards our first period classroom.

                I waved my hand dismissively. “Psh, I’m not worried about it!”

                “Your mom probably wouldn’t enjoy the hospital bill,” Zane grumbled as we entered first period together and sat down at our seats.

                I folded my arms over my desk, grinning and resting my head on them. Zane just didn’t understand. Someday, Colin and I would be in love! Although if he saw me at all today, he would probably hurt me…a lot…

                Well, today would sure as hell be interesting.