♬ 69 ♬

As midnight came, the articles were dropped and so was my new song featuring Jay. A song that we've been waiting to release for years now.
"We actually did it" He said, still processing the fact that we were now a public couple, as he was reading some of the articles.
"Yeah... After what? About 5 years of our relationship?"
"Although we broke up once" he reminded me.
"Yeah... Worst 3 months of my life"

2023

It was the end of the year and, obviously, we were both busy with the award shows preparations. I was visiting them on their set for one of their VCRs but when I entered, I didn't expect to see my boyfriend hugging another girl and she even gave him a peck on the cheek.
"J-jay?" I felt all the world crash under my feet.
I looked around, even the boys seemed shocked by the happening.

"Hyung?! What the hell?!" My brother said punching him on the spot.
"Wait Niki! It's not what it looks like!" Jay said.
"I know what I just saw, Jongseong. Thank you for wasting almost 3 years of my life. I don't want to hear anything from you. Bye" I said leaving the set as my brother and Jungwon followed me out.
"When did that girl even come in?! And who is she?!" Jungwon said furious.

"I'd punch hyung more but we have shoots to do and Ocean needs me. Hyung, maybe it's better if you go back. I'll take Ocean to her dorms"
"No, I won't go inside again or I might be the one to punch him"
"You guys don't know her at all?"
"No Nimi, I've never seen her before"
"How long did this go on? Making me look like a fool. Was all that a facade? He even promised to my parents' grave that he would never hurt me... But then, why?"

"Hyung, can you drive us to Aphrodite's dorm please?" Jungwon said to their driver as we got inside one of their vans and the two comforted me as I just cried while muttering some barely understandable things.
"Oh? Niki, Jungwon? Why are you here, guys?"
"And what happened to Sumi?!" The girls said rushing towards the entrance.

"We caught Jay hyung with another girl" Riki said disgusted.
"What?!"
"Park Jongseong cheated on our Sumi?! I'm gonna snap his neck. That's it" Sehyeol said.
"Let's think about that later and let's be here for Umi first" Eunwoo ordered.
"Unnie? Do you want anything? So we can order it for you" Minah said hugging me.

"All I want right now is to slap myself for being such an idiot, believing all the words that came out of his mouth"
"Umi... Don't say that... What if it was all a misunderstanding?" Haneul asked.
"Misunderstanding?! Skye! I saw it with my own eyes! All the boys did!"
"Did you at least let him explain?"
"What's there to explain?"
"I think you should calm down a bit today and maybe try talking to him properly" Skye said.

"No. I don't want to"
"Girls is it okay to stay over?" I heard my brother ask.
"Sure Niki"
"No, go back there. You might just get in trouble. You too, Won. I can manage, don't worry" I said pushing the two out of the door.
"Umi, just call us if you need anything though, ok?" Jungwon said through the door as I just hummed and heard them leaving.

Jay's pov

"J-jay?"
"Hyung?! What the hell?!" I heard before getting my face punched.
"Wait Niki! It's not what it looks like!" I said blocking his arm.
"I know what I just saw, Jongseong. Thank you for wasting almost 3 years of my life. I don't want to hear anything from you. Bye" she said as she left the set as her brother and Jungwon followed her out.
"What the fuck dude?" Jake yelled at me in English.

"Who are you?!" Heeseung said to the girl who just stepped back in shock.
"I- I'm j-just his cousin! I-I didn't mean to- that's what we usually do from where I'm from!"
"She's my cousin Marlene! And she's from France guys! I- I have to go to Daeyang!"
"I'm- we're so sorry for assuming, Jay hyung and Marlene... But maybe it's better to let her calm down" Sunoo said.

"You should've told Nimi prior to this" Sunghoon said.
"Yeah, she won't ever listen to you" Heeseung added.
"And maybe try explaining it to the youngest two tonight. You pissed off Jungwon as well" Jake stated.
"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault" Marlene said.
"I just hope I can fix this soon" I said going out of the set to get some air.

3rd person's pov

For the following three months the two didn't have any contact with each other - well, Umi cut them off.
No matter what her brother, best friend or group mates told her, she just didn't want to face him.
And besides, the two got busy with their own schedules: ENHYPEN promoting a new comeback and APHRODITE traveling the world for their tour.