Confession (Sana)

You sighed deeply as you keep your feet in touch together. The cold never bothers you as much as the emotions rumbling down your system.

At first you convinced yourself that there's nothing to worry about. As if this is an exam that you always wanted to ace, that's a whole different thing. But this time, this is different.

You checked you watch to check the time. It's been ten minutes since you're standing at the park, hugging yourself before even your jacket can't masked up the shivers you feel especially when nervousness is mixing up.

"This is ridiculously. I shouldn't have believe that easily." You said to yourself.

But it was something you can't just ignore. Few weeks ago, you've been receiving letters from unknown person.

At first you thought it was some kind of pranks from students who think you are totally loner that you'll believe on that letter.

In short, that letter contains sweet messages from this person who is 'in love with you.'

Love is not really your priority. All you do is go to school, study, ace everything that's why people called you a nerd.

Although being a nerd isn't bad. It's just that, you do things that people might find uninteresting. Maybe that's why you barely get friends.

And now, your final year to highschool. After you received the letters, you thought that maybe you should give a try?

Few days from now is the ball night. Everyone is expecting to come. And you want to as this is your last year. But the fact that you think you are a loner, you don't think you can enjoy it thay much.

Until the letter sender sent you a letter. Saying they are ready to show themselves, and your hopes that they'll ask you as a date for the ball night just increased into multiple levels.

That's why you are still standing at the freezing time on the park.

ten minutes more had passed and no single person showed up. Your hopes went down again. You know that it's really impossible for someone to like you, especially that they don't find you interesting... Well maybe at least for you?

You sighed for the nth time, watching the smoke comes out from your mouth because of coldness. As you were about to leave, you stopped your feet and saw a girl wearing thick jacket and still having one on her arms.

Not just that, because on her other hand, a flower that your surely will appreciate if someone gave it to you. Because it's your favorite.

"H-hi."

"Sana?" You called as you saw the girl in front of you, standing few feet away with faint smile.

Her smiled is not the usual smile you see everyday in school. Her smile is always warm and energetic. But today, it's a simple smile. You can't tell if she's happy or she's nervous of something.

"What are you doing here?" You asked.

Normally, you really don't talk to anyone. You would also understand if she'll find it annoying because you asked a question where you're not even close. But that's not what Sana.

"For you? I promised I'll reveal myself... And hopefully, you'll agree to be my date for the ball night." She said with those innocent eyes.

You were completely blown as she said those words. She's a different person now. The jolly,friendly, energetic girl who's your classmate. The one who you never thought of having a talk with. The most prettiest not just in your class but in the school.

"I know you're probably thinking... That why? I just kinda like you Y/N. Something in you makes me calm, and I love it."

"W-what?" You asked confusedly.

"Two months ago? On our camping trip. We were on the same team and... Same tent." She said.

Then it hit you. You two shared the same tent. For someone who is the first time to join a camping activity, Sana had a hard time. The first night is a problem as she can't sleep.

But suddenly, someone who's completely familiar with the feeling, they advised her. And it was you.

"Close your eyes, imagine you're looking at the stars. Tell them your biggest and deepest secret... That's what you said." She reminded you.

"You... Listened to that?" You asked still finding it weird that someone just listened to your advice.

"Well it worked. I now use it most of the time." She shrugged.

"Oh."

"The letters... I just can't come close to you and tell them in front of you because of how calm you are. I am afraid that I'll mess up that's why I decided to write you letters and be your secret admirer." She said as if someone is just chasing her.

You looked at her in the eyes and saw that she's much in relief now compared a while ago.

"I know you're smart, kind, calm, and that's why I am amazed at you. I'm in love with it, Y/N."

As she finally gets the courage, she walks to you and gives you the flower. Your hands automatically accepted it. And after that, she put on the thick jacket she's holding to you.

"Sorry for being late... I'm still talking to the stars about whether to come here." She giggled.

You can't help but smile as you hear her giggles. That's exactly the giggles you always hear in everyday class. But you've never thought you'll be liking it and it will be maybe one of your favorites.

"Can you come with me to the ball night? Or... If you're not coming and have other plans—"

"Sure." You cut off before she said the second option.

Her eyes gazed at you with a tint of surprise as she heard your response.

"Really?"

"Yes." You said which made her more happy, jumping on her feet as she squealed like a kid.

Your eyes are still looking at her. Maybe you're not that uninteresting after all. You just need the right person, and now you are wishing that it's the person you're with right now.