Sorry (Dahyun)

Third Person

It's been years after your saddest and hardest downfall. The downfall that only you admit that made by yours. Remembering those time, when you lost almost everything. Your passion, friends, your smile, and even the girl you really love.

Up until now, you know to yourself that you love her. There's no time that she skipped out of your head. But you know you can't do anything about it anymore. You tried to, but that made you realize that all you did was wrong.

3 years ago, the time when you just ended a happy 2 years relationship you and your girlfriend, Dahyun. It was a honest mistake but there's no excuse for it. She caught you cheating to a girl you probably meet 2 or 3 hrs ago that time.

Even after long years, you could still remember how broken she was. Going home to you, expecting to be wrapped around your warm hugs after the tour she had with the girls. But what she saw is you sleeping with other girl in the same room you and Dahyun shared together.

You tried to explain, but none of them are reasonable and you know it too. And you know by that time, you lost the girl you wished to see every morning in the same room.

Everything went down. You sure do regret that day. It feels like a nightmare and even you, you were hurt of what you did to Dahyun.

Maybe it took months before you set yourself together. But now without her. You just lowkey checking her social media accounts, wanting to know if she's getting any better as she healed from the scars you've made. You even support her on her career.

Now, after that day calling it quits, exactly 3 years, you are on your feet now. Got you passion back. Even working and earning money with it. But there's still something you know is missing. Which is her.

You rest your head back as you play with your pen and your swivel chair. Your just casually waiting for a patient which you always do right after you get back in track.

Then, you heard a knock as someone speaks up and you recognize that it was your assistant.

"Good morning doc, here's your coffee and also, you already have a patient waiting outside." She said.

"Thank you, let them come." You said as you put down the pen and composed yourself.

The person walked in and you didn't expect it to be one of yours and Dahyun's friends. Dahyun's best friend to be exact.

"Chaeyoung?"

"Oh— Y/N?!"

You two are surprised to see each other. Even after years, she still look the same. A good one of course. But then you remembered that she's not the same person before. She's one of the person who hates you after what you did to her best friend and that is understood.

You told to your assistant to leave you two and have some time. As it's just the two of you, you put an faint smile as you felt awkward.

"Hi, uhm, have a seat." You said pointing to the chair across to your table. You sit at the same time and composed yourself.

"Long time." She said wearing the same smile she's showing to everyone.

You nervously looked at her and smiled.

"Yeah, you look the same. A good one." You said as you picked you pen again and put your nervousness on it.

"You look different, and a good one." She replied.

"T-thanks... uh, how are you?"

"Fine, even the girls. If you don't know we are on solos now. But Twice is still up." She said.

You smiled as you know those things. You support them, you support Dahyun.

"I know." You sighed and finally looked at her with courage.

"I'm sorry." You said.

"I'm sorry for what I did to Dahyun. I know I hurt you too even the other girls. And also Dahyun." You said.

She just smiled and you know that she understands you now. But something you want to ask about still.

"How about Dahyun?" You asked.

"Well, as you said, you see her, us. She's fine."

"She looks beautiful as always." You mumbled.

"Did you... talk to her already?" Chaeyoung asked which made you looked at her.

You shook your head and explained that right after the last time you tried to fix it, she ended it already.

"You still love her?"Chaeyoung asked.

You just smiled and turned over the topic as it's getting more hurtful again. You don't want to remember how stupid you were back then.

After the session with Chaeyoung, she talked you and about to leave when...

"Here, I know I shouldn't do this. But, I know and I see how you really wanted to talk to her. She goes there every 10, morning. See you, doc." She said before closing the door.

You looked at the card and realized it's paper and there's a name of café written there that obviously Chaeyoung wrote down.

You sighed and went out of your chair as you grabbed you bag and leave you room.

"Rina, please cancel my schedule this morning. I have to go somewhere important." You said and didn't wait for your assistant as you left your clinic and went to your car.

You drive as fast as you can so you could go there in time. You still have an hour tho but you don't want to waste any time anymore.

All you are thinking is your intention to say sorry for everything. That's all.