Drunk Confession (Jihyo)

You're in a crowded place, even if you don't like it, you have to stay since your best friend has to stay.

Yes, Jihyo is your best friend. Just last week she asked you if you can go with her to a party. You can never say no. Not because she's forcing you but it's just because you want her to be with someone you trust.

And as someone who doesn't have friends except her, you got no choice but to go with her.

You are actually a loner, which is not bad since you don't really want to hang out with other people as you see them as a pain in your head. But Jihyo is different.

Jihyo among the others has different thoughts about you. If the class thinks you are a nerd and loser, she thinks you're cool and fun to be with.

And she confirmed once that you two got on a project a few years ago. You helped her a lot and you see she enjoys learning things from you. And that is how your friendship started. For then, you treated her as your best friend as she always got your back.

And somehow, you develop feelings for her. You can't just take a risk, you know how hard and impossible it is.

And just like what's happening, you came with her to the party to make sure she's safe. Not being a protective bodyguard, but because you're just concerned.

It's because yesterday you two bumped into one of Jihyo's "admirers" He is famous not just in class but also in school. But Jihyo keep saying that she doesn't want to go out with him and you just felt very relieved that time.

Not until yesterday when that guy swore that he will do anything just to make Jihyo say yes. And to be honest, it creeps you both as you two heard those words.

And as you knew it was a party, you knew he will be at the party too. So that's how you got into the party full of noise.

"Y/N, what are you doing? Stop sitting right there and let's have fun!" Jihyo told you as she tries to pull you on the dancefloor.

"No thanks, I'll just watch you over here." You said

"You said you want to come to the party to have fun and get away from our lessons for a while, not to just watch on me." She laughed.

It made you blush to be honest, you don't know why but maybe your brain just has another translation of what she said which made you kick those thoughts off.

"Let's just have a drink," she said as she sees you won't accept her offer to walk on the dancefloor.

"Okay," you said which excites her.

"I knew even nerds won't say no to alcohol." She joked which made you roll your eyes.

You two went to get your drinks. And happily watch the others have fun too. What you didn't know while being overwhelmed by the fact that you made it stay at the party for long even just knowing one person.

The person you wanted to be with only.

You looked at her and realized she had already drunk too much. As you come back to your senses, you put down your drink and put your attention on Jihyo instead.

"And so I thought you won't get drunk easily." You chuckled and put away her drink but she tries to stop you.

"Last one, please! Let's not waste it." She pleads which you find cute but still, you're worried if she can still handle it.

"No, you had enough, I'm so proud of you." You said and she laughed.

"You are?"

"Yeah, shall we go home?"

But instead of answering, she looked at you blankly. You thought she would argue about you getting her alcohol but to your surprise, she pulled your eyeglasses off which made you feel dizzy a bit.

"Jihyo, give me that—"

"Wow."

You stopped as you saw her looking surprised at you that her mouth is slightly open.

"I never saw you off glasses, I knew you have beautiful eyes behind these thick lenses." She praised which made you blush right away.

You tried to shake that thought and retrieved your eyeglasses back.

"T-thanks, I guess." You stutter as you try to avoid her eyes on you and wear your eyeglasses back.

But then you heard a deep sigh, you looked at her only to see she was not looking at you anymore. Her eyes turned sad and she puts her chin on the counter as she fights for her sleepy eyes.

"Sadly you still can't see it." She mumbled tho enough for you to hear it.

"Pardon?"

She looked at you with heavy eyes and smiled as she was resting her cheek on the counter.

"You are beautiful, Y/N. Not just that, you are smart, kind, and fun to be with. But I hate when you act so dumb. Can't you really take a hit? I reject them just for you. Because I like you."

You're shocked, you can't say any words but you are just looking at her, scanning if she's even saying those words. Or even if she means any of those.

"I'm s-sorry, what?" You asked hoping it will be the same thing you'll hear because you'll definitely gonna freak out.

"I like you, with or without that eyeglasses. I think I think I am in love with you."

"Are you sure or you're just drunk that's why you're saying that?" You asked which made her sit and looked at you.

You're waiting for her response when she suddenly held your hand that's on the counter and puts her face close enough to you.

"You bet, tomorrow, I'll ask you out on a date, that's for sure."

You want to laugh as she looked so serious about what she said. And then you can't take it anymore and you burst.

"Okay, I doubt if you're still gonna remember when hungover strikes you." You said.

"I won't forget it! I promise!" She exclaimed and even raised her pinky finger.