Episode 63 "The Bond in the Boot" Part 1

Começar do início

I am back at the lab as I still had the cats with me. I go up the platform as the security slides his card for me. I then hear Cam say to Wendell. "Michelle's been asking for months if we can get a kitten. I'm thinking no." Wendell then says, "Actually, it's much more likely the family dog would attack and consume its owner." I then walk up to them as I say, "Huh, that's good to know when I get a dog. By the way Cam, if you're still up for that cat thing for Michelle I've got three here who doesn't mind humans." They both stop their work and turn to me surprised seeing me with three cats. One got out of my arms and is now resting on top of my head as the other two stay in their same spots relaxed as Cam says, "You're the literal what I imagine what a cat lady would look like." I chuckle, "Really? I'm more of a dog person to be honest." Wendell then says, "I would have never guessed. What kind of dog would you like to have?" I smile widely knowing that answer, "I would love to have a bullmastiff. They are so cute." Cam nods, "You never stop surprising me." "Uh, thanks, I guess. But I don't think I could separate myself from these cats unless someone takes them from me. I need them hand over to Hodgins..." Wendell chuckles taking off his gloves and throwing them away. He then proceeds to grab the cat off my head as one of the guards comes up. He hands the guard the first cat, as I hand over the cat in my arms to him as well. Wendell then takes the third cat off my shoulders handing him to the man as I tell him, "They go to Dr. Hodgins please." He nods leaving as I sigh leaning my head on Wendell's shoulder, "They were so soft, I'm going to miss them." Wendell smiles at me as he hands me some gloves as I take it putting them on as he does as well.

Cam is looking at the screen zooming in a particular spot as she asks, "Can either of you pass me the forceps? I think I see something." Wendell does so handing it to her as we watch her pull something. It was thin string as she says, "It appears to be steel wool. I found it in the exit wound." I then say, "Steel wool- commonly used in silencers to muffle the sound of a gunshot." "A silencer definitely points to a professional hit." Wendell then says finding something, "A Illizarov apparatus was used to lengthen his bone when he was a child. So he was definitely Russian." I then say, "Oh, please do not be a spy, please do not be a spy." Cam then asks, "Don't people limp in every country?" Wendell then explains, "Prior to 1981, the Ilizarov in the Soviet Union. Ergo, dead Russian." I smile a bit as Cam looks amazed, "Very good, Mr. Bray." He smiles, "Yeah, I don't often get to say 'ergo." "And for bonus points, any clue why his hand was chopped off?" I watch seeing if he knows as he begins examining, "The bone has been chipped and bruised around the triquetral. Like someone was trying to pull something off his wrist." I nod, "And when they couldn't, they cut off his hand." Hodgins then comes over to us as he says, "Wendell, my man, we still on for lunch?" I smile shaking my head as Cam says, "You are discussing lunch while holding a tray of cat excrement." Hodgins doesn't even looked fazed, "Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it." Cam just nods not amazed as Hodgins explain his findings. "I found a piece of plastic in the cats' feces from a bag of airline peanuts." 

Wendell uses tweezers to pick it up as I lean a bit towards him so I could see what it is as well. I then read out, "Aeroflot. No." Hodgins nods smiling, "Yep. Preferred airline of Mother Russia." Cam then says, "Looks like our Russian friend was a recent arrival." I sigh as I then get a call. I take off my gloves as I answer my phone, "Hello, Venus speaking." "Dr. Venus Brennan, correct?" "Yes, that is correct. May I ask who this is?" I could see the group looking at me as the man on the other side of the phone says, "This is from the State Department." I tense a bit not knowing what they are going to want. "Oh- okay..." I back up from the group just a bit holding my arm as I ask, "What do you guys need from me?" "You're being called in to the FBI Headquarters and discuses some issues alongside Agent Sealy Booth." "Why would you need me to deal with some issues if you have very capable people to do that." "This issue could be much more dangerous; we're considering it a national threat. And we believe you're the best to handle this issue alongside anyone else we choose. This is something at that you cannot refuse, or it will be breaking your contract in which will mean you'll receive national punishment." I sigh sadly, "I know... I know I cannot refuse. I read the whole contract before signing it. I'll be there in 15 minutes." I hang up taking a deep breath as I turn back to the team seeing them all leaned in from their spots looking at me. I know they heard the conversation and the questions that they have as Wendell asks, "Are you okay Venus?" Hodgins nods adding, "Sounds like you're going into some deep trouble." I smile at them shaking my head, "No, it's nothing like that. I'll be fine, but I need to go." Wendell then stops me by saying, "You want anyone of us to go with you?" I look at them as she nods agreeing with him as I shake my head, "No, it's okay. I'm just heading over to Booth's office. We're going to have a sort of meeting there." They nod as I leave quickly not wanting to be late.