Year 11: Confession

Darcy's pov

I woke up the next day to my phone ringing loudly in my ear. I rubbed my eyes and looked around me, confused. I was trying to figure shit out when I saw Tara sitting huddled up in a corner of my bed, as if there was a serial killer on my end of the bed, and I involuntarily let out a shriek. Tara widened her eyes and placed a finger on her lips and then pointed the same finger at my ringing phone.

It was my mother.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck," I said under my breath, and then picked the call.

"Why did you just scream?" she asked in a stern voice. I was in trouble for something, but I did not know what.

"Ugh, sorry, fell out of the bed," I groaned, and since I had just woken up, I hoped I sounded convincing.

"Why is your door locked? And why is Georgina's open and she is not there?"

I blinked.

George. Fuck. He was still at the drag. That stupid pain in the ass.

"Oh, yeah, George- I mean Georgina's bathroom was not working, so h-she is in my bathroom."

"Open the door," she said, followed by a sharp tap on my door. Tara winced.

"Oh, actually I am not dressed," I said, "you can go it's fine. We will be out in a while."

"Five minutes, Darcy, hurry up," she said and then I heard footsteps walk away.

I exhaled and placed my phone on the bed.

Tara looked at me questioningly.

"George's not here, I have to call him," I whispered. "Also, I think you have to leave from the window."

Tara nodded solemnly, looking disappointed but not surprised. I gave her the sweatshirt and sweatpants I had taken out for her and told her to wear them while I placed a call to George. And that fucker did not pick it up.

I sighed and called Kay instead. I had barely put the phone to my ear and they picked it up. "Where's George?"

"Umm...he's in the other room. Something's up?"

"Yeah, mom has noticed he is not home," I whispered urgently, "Tell him to wear some casuals and come in through my window. He left his bedroom door open, can you believe it?"

"Don't worry, he's just a kid. He will learn. Wait lemme tell him..." they said, and cut the call.

I tapped my fingers on the black screen for a while and then typed a quick message to him:

Reach my window in five.

George's pov

I looked at my face in the mirror. A night of playing pillow fight and thin streaks of tears had ruined the fabulous makeup the drag kings had help me do. I looked down at my body, binded flat at my chest, and relished it because I knew it would be a while before I got to look like this again.

I heard some footsteps approaching and quickly washed my face, only making it more messy in the process. I heard someone chuckle softly through the door I had left a bit ajar. I turned around and saw Kay peeking at me.

"Your sister called," they said as they walked in. They were already out of their drag outfit. "Your mom found out you're not at home. Now go run."

"Aww man," I said, jutting my lower lip out. I had been having such a good time. I pinched my eyebrows, "Could you help me with this?" I said, waving my hand in the general direction of my face.