Year 11: Calm down tiger

Tara's pov

My thumb instinctively rolled around the ring on my third finger as I daydreamed about the moment I had presented Darcy with the ring. I had been inches away from saying, "If you let me, I will marry you with this ring." It sounds extremely stupid, I know, that is exactly why I did not say it out loud.

I peeked over at Darcy rolled over on her stomach, playing video games on her phone. Everything was calm. Everything was how it was supposed to be.

But there was something amiss. I felt like I was forgetting something. It was 6 o clock in the evening on a lazy Saturday. What in the world was I supposed to be doing today?

Darcy dropped her phone on the bed with a grunt and slithered up to me, laying her head in my lap. "What are you doing?" she asked in a sing song voice.

"Umm...reading," I said, as I looked at the book in my hands, 'The Henna Wars' long forgotten. Don't get me wrong, the book was amazing, but I was too zoned out to focus on it. I sighed, "Actually, no I am not reading. I was thinking something."

"What?" she frowned, playing with the sleeves of my top.

"I was supposed to do something today...I can't remember what," I said, tapping my book on my forehead. Oh my god wait.

"Wait, it's Saturday today right?" some muffled words were coming back to me, "Okay, yeah I remember now," I said, suddenly wishing I had not remembered it at all, "Harry had invited me to his birthday party. St. George's Hotel."

Darcy groaned, "Why don't I ever know about the dudes you know from Truham?"

"Because they mean nothing to me you idiot," I said, leaning down and rubbing my nose against hers in an attempt to mollify her.

"How do you know Harry then?" she asked, and I sighed. "Well, he and Nick have been friends for like, forever."

"Nick Nelson?" Darcy said, sounding even more deflated than before. I nodded.

Darcy sat up, "Well, you should go then."

"I'd rather stay with you," I said, "Honestly, I can cancel it if you want."

"I don't want you to cancel anything," Darcy said. God, this dramatic bitch.

"Okay, fine, I have a better plan," I said, "Why don't you come with me?"

"Really?" she said, "You think I wanna go to some Truham jock's birthday party?"

"No, but I know you want to go to a party with me," I said, crawling over to her and pouncing over her from behind.

"Oi!" Darcy exclaimed as we toppled back. We wrestled for a bit until I had Darcy's arms pinned against the bed.

"Ugh, you have unfair advantage!" Darcy said, slightly out of breath.

"And what is that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as Darcy tried to wriggle out of my grip.

"This is your bed. It listens to your commands," Darcy defended.

"Is it?" I said, looking down at her lips. As if on cue, Darcy stopped struggling against me and I let go of her wrists. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I kissed her soft warm lips.

"So, wanna come with me to the party?" I said, burying my face in the crook of her neck.

"How can I refuse if you ask so sweetly?" Darcy said and then breathed out softly as I planted a kiss on her neck.

"Come on then get ready," I said, climbing off her but she pulled me back again, "More kisses first."

"Okay," I said, grinning as I pressed my lips on hers again. And again. And again.

***
I scrutinized Darcy's outfit. Some dusty old jeans and a shirt that made her look like someone's dad on the beach.

"Nope," I said, "this isn't going to work at all."

Darcy rolled her eyes, "I am not going back to my place to get an outfit."

I clapped my hands, "Wear something from my closet then. We are officially engaged now."

This did the trick, Darcy broke into a grin, "Fine. Whatever."

I went through my closet. "There, perfect."

"No, no," Darcy said, stepping back, "Nope, not gonna happen."

"Come on, give it a try," I said, "Please?" I made puppy eyes at her.

Darcy exhaled softly, "How do you manage to make me say yes to everything?"

"Because you love me," I said, blowing her a kiss as I picked an outfit for myself.

A couple of minutes later, we were both ready; Darcy in a black dress and me in a white one. I looked Darcy up and down, admiring my handiwork; the dress fit her perfectly in all the perfect places. Suddenly, I felt something stirring in me.

So, if you have ever loved a woman before, you will know what seeing your girl in a pretty dress does to you. I felt desire coursing heavily through my veins and before I knew it, I had walked upto her and held her by the waist.

"Now that you have put it on, I just want to get you out of it," I said, leaned into the crook of her neck, leaving a trail of wet kisses down her skin. Darcy patted my hair,"Calm down tiger."

I growled emphatically and Darcy giggled, "It's not that bad, to be honest."

"Which part?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"All of it," Darcy said, cradling my face in her hands, then she kissed me. Usually, Darcy and me, we started off slow, but at that moment my patience was wearing thin and I deepened the kiss immediately.

Darcy knew exactly the effect she had on me and she pulled back, "Well, well, what do we have here? Tara is rushing into it?" She let her hands wander on my body, teasing me, frustrating me.

"Darcy, just once," I said, burying my head in her shoulder. I realized I was pleading, I was begging for her.

"Come on, we are gonna get late, love," Darcy said, turning back and walking towards the door, fully satisfied.

"You are going to pay for this Darcy," I said as I picked up a purse and rushed behind her.

"Oh, I hope I will," Darcy said, turning around one final time and winking at me.