Year 7: Exam season

Darcy's pov

Our bond grew stronger over the exam season. Both of us helped the other without any ulterior motive or competition. We would spend hours having study sessions, explaining topics and asking each other questions. Sometimes, we also invited other friends over and we all spend stressed hours cramming lessons together.

My exams went surprisingly good. My grades improved so much, it surprised my parents as well.

"That Tara girl is a good influence on you," my father said.

"Yeah," my mother agreed, "Is she a Christian? Maybe she can teach you the word of god and help you find the right path." I did not like where the conversation was going at all.

My father nodded thoughtfully, "It was after you decided that you were a homosexual that your grades went down. Maybe-"

"Stop!" I slammed my hand on the table, "Maybe it had to do with the fact that you threatened to disown me or throw me into a conversion therapy that ruined my mental health. Maybe that's why I couldn't focus on studies anymore. Can't you guys just be happy for me once?"

I stormed out of the room, with my little sister stating at me and hid myself in my room, huddling in a corner of the room, rocking back and forward. The screen of my phone lit up. It was Tara.

Tara
12:54 pm
How was your result?

I ignored her message, letting the screen go dark again. Tears started flowing.

I am stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I am such an ungrateful child. My parents gave me such a good life and I had to ruin it. I am selfish. Selfish. Stupid. Idiot.

There was a knock at my door.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted.

"It's me," a little voice said - Georgina, my little sister. I did not say anything so she opened the door and walked inside. She came over and sat beside me.

"Vicky keeps herself locked in her room all day. Please you don't do that as well. I would feel so lonely," she said, leaning her head against my shoulder. She was talking about our elder sister.

I chuckled, squeezing her hand, "I'm just a little sad, that's all. I will be up and kicking in no time, don't worry Georgie."

"Can't you just call me G?" she sighed.

"Nah, I will never use a nickname that you like," I said gravely. Georgina smiled.