Year 8: Fluff

Darcy's pov

Tara and I were sitting in my room which was a very rare occasion since my parents never allowed me to close my door, but today they were not at home. My elder sister was in the other room and Georgina was hanging out with her friends. I was straddling on Tara's outstretched legs, my arms wrapped around her torso. Tara's palm was going up and down my back in slow, calming movements.

Tara sighed in my shoulder, "I like your bed so much."

"Mmhm."

"It's so soft and much fluffier than mine."

"Mmhm."

"Mmhm."

"Wanna kiss?"

Tara went silent. I pulled away from the hug and ran my hand through her hair. "Nervous?"

"Yes. Very," she said. "It's not like I don't want to kiss you but I'm scared if you don't like it..."

"Don't worry. We can practise to help you reach professional level," I grinned.

"Uh-huh?" she smiled, cupping my face in her hands, "what if I turn out to be better than you?"

"Then you can help me practice instead," I said, closing my eyes as she rubbed her thumbs on my cheeks. I put my hands on her waist and pulled myself closer.

Then we kissed for the first time.

She was scared.

Her hands trembled as they pulled me needily close to her. Her heart beat so furiously against my own chest, it spoke a language of its own. She breathed in shakily as we parted for a moment, her eyes open wide. I was breathing as fast as she was.

"More," I said, not bothering to wait for any response. There was no time. Everything was moving too fast and too slow at the same time.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and both of us froze.

"Come down for lunch," my sister's monotone voice said.

"Yeah, coming," I called back, trying not to make it very obvious that I had previously been hardcore making out with a girl in my room.

We heard footsteps going away from the room. Our eyes locked for a moment and then immediately we started giggling. I fixed my eyes on the girl in front of me and decided to remember her face forever, flushed and out of breath - a polaroid clicked by my eyes, existing only in my memories.

"We should probably stop now," Tara said, her hand running up and down my arm, still smiling.

"Do we have to?" I said, pouting.

"Yes," she said, but then she leaned over and pecked my lips one more time. "Come on now, get off."

"If I don't get off," I said, intertwining our fingers together, "will we stay like this forever?"

Tara rolled her eyes, shaking her head at me, "I'll have to throw you off me then."

"Mmhm," I leaned in and kissed the corner of her lips, "my strong girl."

She scoffed, smiling at me, "You are such a dork."

"Your d-"

"Shut up."

Tara's pov

I love Darcy. I won't say it, but I know I love her with all my heart and all my soul.

When she kissed me, all I could think of was rainbows. It felt so much different than anything else I had experienced before. I was trembling so badly, I was scared Darcy might stop and ask if I was okay. But she didn't. It's almost as if she...knew. It was almost as if we had known each other's bodies forever. We fit like two halves of a ripe mango.

As we gazed at each other, my hands going up and down her arm, I knew I would never be able to forget this - I would never be able to forget her. I would keep her memory with me in all of my afterlives. She would be with me in every dimension and every universe.

I loved her. I loved her. I love her.