Year 8: Drenched!

Darcy's pov

I was walking to my class when I felt a tight grip on my wrist. Suddenly, I was pulled into an empty classroom and pushed against the wall with a hand pressed against my mouth. It took me a moment to realize it was Vanora with a maniac glint in her eyes. And it took me another minute to realise that she was, in fact, taller than me, which was pretty dumb considering this wasn't the first time I had found myself stuck with her.

She widened her eyes and moved her hand away from my mouth, instead placing a finger on her lips, a cue for me to be silent.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

"Nothing yet," she said, grinning. I felt my blood boil with annoyance and almost as if on cue, there was a tiny blast in the class beside us, and the sprinklers went off, draining me wet. In a few minutes, there was a lot of shouting and slamming door and running.

Vanora slipped her hand in mine and ran out, slyly merging into the crowd. Someone was screaming, "It's a bomb!" And some teachers were trying to get some control on the situation, to no avail.

Vanora guided me through the crowd to the nearest exit and in five minutes we were out of the school building.

"What the fuck just happened?" I said, slightly out of breath.

"Well, as far as I know," Vanora said, mischief in her eyes, "someone placed a firework under the desk of teacher who they have a severe enemity with. Apparently, it blows off when pressure is applied on it and it creates a lot of smoke and noise but they are sure that it does not cause any harm."

I blinked at her. "You did that?"

She merely smiled, "Who knows? It can be me, it can be you, it can be anyone, can't it?"

I shook my head, "Wow." Vanora winked.

"So...what are we doing now?" I asked.

"Drying off," she said and pulled me along with her to a nearby park. We sat on a bench and soaked the sun as it peeked shyly from behind the clouds.

"I'm bi," Vanora said abruptly.

"Huh?"

"I am bisexual," she said, playing with her skirt, "I just wanted you to know." She blushed.

"Okay..." I nodded, "I am a lesbian. Just wanted you to know."

She smiled at me.

After a moment's silence she said, "Have you ever been with a girl before?"

"Umm...not really," I said, thinking back to my old girl crushes.

"Oh okay," she nodded, "So, uhm, you are not going out with anyone right now?"

I shook my head.

"Okay, good."

I looked at her, keeping my face clear of emotions, but I knew what was going on in her mind. I was waiting for what was coming next.

"Wanna walk for a bit?" she asked. I agreed, standing up, and she shyly slipped her hand in mine. There we go.

"Tell me more about yourself, Vanora," I said, my voice soft. As a bonus, I squeezed her hand.

"Oh, uhm," her face coloured again, "I, uh, I really like to draw?" I felt her cringe beside me. I laughed.

"Okay, good." I said, "do you like to draw pretty girls then? Or boys?"

"Both," she smiled playfully.

"Mm, sounds good."

We both stopped in our tracks.

"You look," she said, fiddling with my collar, "really nice. Up close."

"Mmhm," i felt a surge of confidence in my veins and I put my hands on her waist. "Do I now?"

"Yeah." She was so close I could feel her breath on my skin.

"Only for today?" I asked.

"Well...I don't know yet," she said, before pressing her lips on mine. I pulled her waist and flushed her soft tummy against mine.

It felt good, her skin on mine, the way I knew she had been craving for this for a long time and maybe, so had I.

"Do you love me?" I asked deliriously, against her lips.

"Do you love me, Darcy Olsson?"

No. And neither do you.

***
A/n

Team Danora or Tarcy?