Year 8: Vanora Carter

Vanora's pov

Since I am ambidextrous and bisexual, I guess I am qualified enough to say that being bisexual and only dating guys feels like being ambidextrous and only using your right hand: a waste of potential.

So, how do you reach your full potential? You fall for actual lesbians of course, and not your straight best friends.

I did fall for a lesbian this time, Darcy Olsson - a year younger than me - but Aphrodite doesn't understand the assignment at all does she?

I mean, I was so caught up in falling for her, I did not realise she was not falling for me. Still, we ended up kissing in an abandoned park near our school. Please do not ask how this happened.

About a week after that, I bumped into her again, so I asked if she wanted to go on a date some day.

She stared at her shoes and grinned, embarrassed, "I, uh, I am actually seeing someone. Sorry."

"Oh," I nodded, "that's amazing!"

"Yeah, thanks," she scratched the back of her neck, still flustered for some reason, "she is, um, not from this school though."

"Right," I nodded, raising my eyebrows.

"She kinda wants me to keep it a secret, so uhm, yeah don't tell anyone anything I don't want rumours going around and stuff," she said all in one breath.

I laughed, "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." I winked.

"Thanks," she smiled, looking relieved.

After we kissed, she had asked me if I loved her. I had not really replied back then, mostly because I did not know it either, but now I think...maybe I do. In my own little way, maybe I do.

But alas, love wasn't made for me, so I guess I'll just stick with being a problem for my teachers.