Year 11: Date (part 2)

Tara's pov

"Where are you taking me?" Darcy asked me as we walked down the road to the end of the city. "I'm not a horror fan you know. A date in a witch's hut is not my first option."

"Can you shut up please," I said, feigning annoyance, although internally I was bursting with excitement.

"Make me," she said, winking.

"Oh, I will," I replied. She giggled.

Finally we reached the place. To my surprise, it looked exactly the same it did a few years ago. I hoped it felt the same too.

"Welcome to Rosie's," I said, gesturing vaguely at the little building. It was a restaurant I had visited with my parents years ago.

"Ooooh," Darcy wiggled her eyebrows, "Romantic."

I blew her a kiss and she tethered back on her heels comically.

"Come on, let's go," I said, looping my arm through hers and dragging her inside.

We entered and saw a young gay couple dancing on the stage at the corner. Yup, we had reached the right place.

Darcy saw them too and smiled. "That's gonna be us in a while," she whispered in my ear. I smiled and found us a seat.

I looked around, taking in the warm pink decorations and lights. I could not help but grin widely, "Still feels the same."

"So you're telling me you have been here, before," Darcy said, looking at the menu. She was trying to be nonchalant, but I could tell she was pissed off.

"Yes," I said, looking at the menu as well. "I came with my parents to celebrate their anniversary."

"Oh," Darcy said, looking up at me, her expressions changed. "Sorry," she whispered.

"It's okay," I said, "just good memories here."

She pursed her lips, "So...let's make some more?"

"That's the spirit," I said.

We ordered something to drink and some snacks and while they were getting ready, we decided we wanted to warm up on the dance floor. The stage was getting crowded now, so Darcy and I had no reason to feel shy. We fooled around for a while until it was time to eat.

"Mmm, the food is good," Darcy said, nodding appreciatively.

"I make good choices," I winked.

"I know. I am living proof," she said, flicking her hair and I shoved at her slightly.

"What?" she asked, "Isn't it true?"

"Lemme eat," I said. Darcy grinned.

I distractedly put my hand on my thigh, and my palm made contact with a little thing in my pocket. I froze, suddenly remembering my little surprise for Darcy. How the hell did I manage to forget it?

"What?" Darcy asked, looking at me.

"Nothing sweetie," I said, a warmth filling me up out of the blue. I put my hand on top of hers at the table, "Wanna go for another round of dance after this?"

"Yes!" Darcy said, chugging down her drink so quickly that she choked on it, making me burst into uncontrollable laughter.

We made our way through the thinning crowd and jumped up and down in a chaotic uncoordinated dance.

Darcy was laughing so hard and she looked so nice, I wished I had a camera with me so that I could keep the exact moment with me forever. The exact moment before...