Chapter 44 - Namjoon

"Eun-Ae, what's...?" He started to say but didn't finish. His blood ran cold. He sat up, going to the dresser where his clothes were. "Eun-Ae, breath. Tell me what happened?" He said, putting a shirt on.

"Namjoon, one minute he was standing and the next he was on the floor." Eun-Ae said between sobs. He held the phone between his shoulder and ear.

"Get dress. I'll explain in the car." He said to Ana who looked dumbstruck in the bed. She sprang into action and went to get dressed.

"Nam, the doctors don't know what it is." She said.

"Eun-Ae, listen to me. Ana and I are on our way. What hospital?" He asked Eun-Ae while he put his pants on.

"His usual." She said, whatever that meant. Ana emerged from the bathroom fully dressed.

"Ok, Ana and I will be there soon." He said and hung up. He called his driver who was staying in the area.

"What is it?" Ana asked, picking her purse and phone.

"Haraboji, he's in the hospital. He collapsed at home." He said, putting his shoes on.

"Oh god." Ana said, putting hers. "What hospital is he in?" She asked him.

"I was hoping you would tell me. Eun-Ae said his usual, but I didn't have the heart to ask her more. Not in the state she's in." He said.

"I know what hospital. I have taken him to a couple of appointments." She said, walking outside the apartment. "Is the driver here?"

"Yes. Let's go." He said going down the stairs two at a time.

++++

"He's going to be okay, right?" Ana asked him, sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. "He has to be." She said, desperately. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed the crown of her head.

"I hope so." He said. Eun-Ae was pacing around the hallway, relentlessly.

"I don't get it. His last labs were last month and they were fine. The doctor said he was in perfect condition. His cardiologist said his heart was strong for a man his age." Eun-Ae said, rubbing her forehead.

"Maybe he missed something." Namjoon said.

"No, I saw the scans, everything was perfect." Eun-Ae said, shaking her head. It had been hours since they arrived at the hospital, his uncle was already in surgery when Ana and him arrived. She left Eun-Ji at home. The door to the surgery rooms opened and his uncle's doctor came out. They all stood up and walked to him.

"How is he?" Ana asked him.

"He is stable. For now. We had to repair his mitral valve. Thankfully he didn't need a replacement but that doesn't mean he is out of the woods. He might need a replacement in the near future." His cardiologist said.

"When can we see him?" Namjoon asked.

"Soon. They are moving him to his room. He will stay for a couple of days here for observation. But I believe by the end of the week, if all is good, he can go home." The doctor said reassuringly. They all bowed and thanked the doctor. The doctor turned around and disappeared inside again.

"You heard him, Eun-Ae, he is going to be fine." Ana said, comforting Eun-Ae. Eun-Ae nodded, wiping away a tear on her cheek. "Let's get some coffee before we see him." Ana murmured, putting an arm around Eun-Ae, looking at him. He nodded. They walked to the elevator and got to the lower level to find the cafeteria. Ana and Eun-Ae sat down at one of the tables and he went to order the coffee. It was almost 6am. He bought three black coffees and walked back to the table.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 21, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Book Exchange Romance | A Kim Namjoon FanFicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें