Chapter 17 - Ana

Ana woke up and the sun was shining outside. She turned around and saw Namjoon still sleeping. She got out of bed, walked to the bathroom, and washed her face and brushed her teeth. She walked back to the room and Namjoon was still sleeping. She walked over to his side and kissed his forehead. He moved slightly but kept sleeping. She walked out of the room and went into the kitchen to make herself some coffee. The living room was empty, one of the bowls and some of the empty cans from last night were still there. She decided to clean up. She grabbed the bowl and the empty cans and took them to the kitchen. She walked back to the living room and started to fold the blankets.

"Noona, what are you doing?" A male voice said behind her. She jumped. She turned around and saw Jungkook standing there. He was rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Jeeze." She said. "You almost gave me a heart attack." She said. She kept folding the blanket she had in her hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked her, walking to her.

"I'm tidying up a bit." She said and placed the folded blanket on the sofa.

"You don't have to do that." Jungkook said picking up the folded blankets and walking to the hallway. He came back empty-handed. "You are our guest."

"So?" She said as she walked to the kitchen. He followed her like a puppy. "How about I make you guys breakfast?" She asked him.

"Noona..." Jungkook started to say but Ana stopped him.

"No, as a form of gratitude for having me here, I will make you guys breakfast." She said. She opened the pantry. "Ah, perfect." She said spotting the pancake mix in the pantry. She went to the fridge and got the milk and the eggs out. "Where are the mixing bowls?" She asked him. He pointed to the cabinet behind her. She opened it and saw the bowls. She got them all out.

"Can I help?" Jungkook asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes." Ana said. "Coffee." She said.

"On it." Jungkook said. Ana started to mix the ingredients into a large bowl. A couple of minutes later, Jungkook came back with two cups of coffee in his hands.

"Thanks." Ana said taking a sip from her coffee.

"Can I help with that?" Jungkook said, pointing at the batter.

"You want to help?" Ana asked him, he nodded. "Alright. Get me a pan." Ana said. Jungkook nodded and got a pan. "Good. Now, get me butter." Ana said. She put the pan on the stove and turned it on. Jungkook came back with a bar of butter. "Ok, do you know how to make pancakes?" Ana asked him. Jungkook shook his head. "Ok, here's how it goes. You are going to put a little bit of butter on the pan and let it melt." Ana said, taking a piece and putting it on the pan. The butter melted. "Now, you take the batter and you put it on the pan." Ana said, spreading batter on the pan. She looked back at Jungkook who was looking at her attentively, watching her every move. "Then you let it sit, when it has bubbles you flip it." Ana said.

"That's it?" He asked.

"That's it. It's pretty simple." Ana said.

"Huh, I thought it was more complicated." Jungkook said impressed. "We did them once but I don't remember how to do them." He said.

"Nop." She said, shaking her head. "You wanna flip it?" She asked him. His eyes glittered when she asked him. She gave him the spatula and moved to the side. He flipped the pancake and did a little dance, clapping his hands. Ana chuckled at that, she found the gesture endearing. "Ok, now you make the rest while I prepare the eggs for the scrambled eggs." She said, taking another bowl and the container where all the eggs were. She whipped sixteen eggs, and threw some ham, onions, bacon, salt and pepper on it.