Chapter 42 - Namjoon

"What are you doing here?" He heard the voice of Jin say from the door of his studio.

"Working." He replied.

"It's your birthday. And you have a beautiful girlfriend waiting back home. Go home. Whatever you are doing can wait until tomorrow." Jin said, walking to stand on his side.

"I need to do the live." Namjoon said.

"Then do it and go home. It's almost 9pm." Jin said furious. "Seriously, this can wait." He said, crossing his arms. "I'm pulling my hyung card. Go home!" Jin said serious. "Do the live and go home." He continued. Namjoon sighed.

"Fine." He said, setting the company's phone on the stand and opening the live app. There was a knock on the door. "Come in." Namjoon said, still setting the phone up. The door opened and a staffer came in with a box in his hands.

"I know you are making the live soon. So here's the cake." He said, putting the cake box on the desk.

"Thanks." Namjoon replied, looking at him.

"You need help?" He asked him when he saw him struggle.

"Please." Namjoon said, turning to him. The staffer laughed and helped finish setting up.

"Alright. All set." He said. Namjoon nodded and the staffer left.

"Hyung." He said turning to Jin who was laying on his couch. Jin looked up from his phone, lifting his eyebrows, urging Namjoon to continue. "Are you going to stay for the live?" He asked him, and Jin nodded. He motioned Jin to come sit in the chair next to him and he started the live. The live was a short one. They sang Happy Birthday, his fans wished him happy birthday, he interacted with them and ended the live.

"Ok, now go home. I will finish up here." Jin said to him, dragging him out.

"Wait, can we talk for a minute?" Namjoon asked him. His hands were sweating. His mind was running a million miles an hour. Jin's expression softened when he saw his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his voice laced with worry, sitting on the couch. He padded the spot next to him. Namjoon hesitated but walked and sat down next to him. Namjoon put his elbows on his knees, dropping his face on his hands.

"I'm nervous, hyung." He said, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding out.

"About what?" Jin asked him, curious. Namjoon fished on the pocket of his hoodies and got a little box out, placing it on the table in front of them.

"Namjoon...is that...?" Jin started to say. Namjoon looked at him. Jin reached for the box and opened it. He let a gasp out when he saw its contents. "When did you get this?" Jin asked him.

"When we were in New York." Namjoon said.

"You've had it all this time?" Jin asked. Namjoon nodded.

"I've always known." Namjoon said, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. He always knew, it was always going to be her. It was always her. He had no doubts in his mind. She was the one he wanted to grow old with and form a family with.

"It's very her." Jin said. "I am sure she will love it." Jin said, closing the box and placing it on the table again. "What are you nervous about?" He asked him.

"What if she says no?" Namjoon said, looking down at his entwined hands on his lap.

"She won't." Jin reassured him.

"But what if she does?" Namjoon asked again.

"She loves you. Scratch that, she adores you." Jin responded. "Namjoon, when the whole article thing came out exposing her, the only thing she kept thinking about was not hurting you." Jin said. "Do you really think she will say no?" Jin asked, looking at him. "Namjoon, what are you really scared of?" Jin asked him.