Chapter 41 - Ana

September 12

The sun was out, coming into the room through the open blinds. Someone grunted beside her. She turned her head and saw Namjoon hiding his face on his pillow. She smiled a little. She got out of bed, looked through the floor for Nam's shirt and put it on. She walked to the window and closed the blinds, bringing the room back to a dark cave. She walked back to the bed, and snuggled into Namjoon's side. As if by instinct, Namjoon brought her closer. She fell asleep almost instantly.

"Wake up." Someone said in her ear, kissing her neck. "We have a long day ahead." He said.

"Five more minutes." Ana said, hugging his arm.

"Hey, I'm the birthday boy. I have a whole day planned. Wake up." He said. He tried to leave the bed but she hugged his arm tighter.

"Please, five more minutes. I missed your warmth." She said. She heard him sighed and gave in. "You've been so busy with the comeback. I barely have had you for myself."

"Ok, but only five." He said, giving in. Five minutes later, his phone alarm went off. "Ok, time's up." He said. He kissed her head and got out of bed, against her protests. She turned in bed and watched him walk to the bathroom. She got out of bed and followed him, hugging his back, placing her ear to his heart.

"Happy birthday." She said, looking at him through the mirror. His hair was a shade of purple. "What does the birthday boy want for breakfast?" She asked him.

"You." He said.

"Wow, hold it there cowboy." She said, laughing. "I'm still recovering from last night." She said. "I need to keep my energy for tonight." She said.

"Ok, ok, how about pancakes?" He asked. She nodded.

"You got it, birthday boy." She said, kissing his back. She washed her face and teeth and walked to the kitchen. She got all the ingredients and started to prepare the batter.

"Shall I invite the boys?" Namjoon asked, coming into the kitchen and hugging her waist.

"It's your birthday. If you want to invite them, do it." She said. "I don't mind them." She said.

"Ok good, because I already invited them and they said yes. They are on their way." He said.

"NAMJOON! I need to get dressed." She exclaimed, running to the room. She went to the closet and got a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt from Namjoon's side and put it on. "You should have told me."

"Relax. They're not coming until like half an..." He said but was interrupted by the doorbell.

"You were saying?" She asked him, crossing her arm on her chest. He smiled and went to answer the door. She went back to the kitchen and started to make the pancakes. She heard the voice of eomma. Her tiny figure appeared in the kitchen entryway. "Eomma." She said bowing.

"We came to see the birthday boy." Eomma said. She smiled. She knew they were coming. Ana spoke to her the day before.

"Great! Stay for breakfast." Namjoon said.

"Oh no, don't worry. I'm sure you have plans." Eomma said.

"Nonsense. The only ones coming for breakfast are the guys. They are on their way." Namjoon said.

"Yeah, and I can make lots of these. Don't worry. Stay." She said, flipping the pancakes on the pan. The doorbell rang again and she knew it was everyone else.

"Let me help you." Eomma said, walking beside her.

"Ok, keep making them here on the pan while I make more batter." She said, handing eomma the spatula.