Chapter 40 - Namjoon

"I forgot about that box." Namjoon said, walking to it. He walked to the box and opened it. He felt Ana stand beside him, slipping her hand on his arm.

"Shall we?" She asked him, looking up at him. He looked down at her.

"Okay." He said picking the box and setting it on the floor. He sat down beside it. Ana sat beside him. "Keep in mind, these things are not big things. Just little things that reminded me of you on my walks, museum visits, when I went shopping, among other things." He said, looking at her.

"I don't care. Just the mere fact that you were thinking of me when you got them is enough." She said, placing a loving hand on his cheek and caressing it. He leaned into her palm.

"Ok, go." He said, nodding to the box. She looked like a little kid on Christmas Day. For the first time in weeks, she looked genuinely happy and that made him happy. She opened the box and peered inside.

"So many boxes inside the box." She said, diving her hand inside and picking a box. It was a medium size one. She shook it, but no sound came out. She carefully and delicately opened the little box, and inside stood a little music box. It was an antique he got at a store in New York. It was white box with lilac details, small roses decorating it, with golden accents. She looked back at him then back to the box. She opened it and the Swan Lake song started to play.

"It's..." She started to say, but he interrupted her.

"Your favorite ballet. I know." He said. She put the little music box on the floor and covered her face.

"How did you remember? I thought you didn't." She said looking up at him, her eyes welled up with tears.

"I remember all the little things about. Even the ones you think are insignificant." He said, tucking a curl behind her ear. She picked the music back and closed it, handing it to him. She went back to the box and picked a stack. It was books he had bought. They were covered in brown paper and were put together by thistle rope. She undid the thistle rope and picked the books one by one. The first one was a first edition of Hamlet he found at a New York high-end antique store. This was a restored version of it.

"Namjoon, this must have cost you a fortune, this is a restored first edition. These are rare." She said, handling it with extreme care, afraid she might break it. She placed it back into the brown paper and wrapped it again. "This needs to go into your little library back at haraboji's store. This needs to be kept in a temperature controlled room. Hell, I would even buy a temperature control glass display." She said. She picked another book and opened it. This was a compilation of Edgar Allan Poe short stories. One of her favorite authors. She picked the other book and it was a rare collectors edition of The Vindications of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft. She looked back at him with a smile on her face. "I love them." She said leaning in and giving him a kiss on the cheek. She went back to the box and found other book-like stuff. Except these were journals, not books. "Are these..." She started to ask and turned back to him. He nodded. "Nam..." She said in a whisper, opening one of them. It was the journals he kept while away. He would carry them around and whenever something happened or something came to mind he would write on them, compiling a detailed account of his trip while she was far away from him. She closed it and hugged them to her chest. "I can't wait to read them." She said, looking at him, still holding the journals close to her. He smiled. She placed them next to the books and went back into the box. She got out a sweater he got that reminded him of her. It had an embroidered lazy sloth and a book in its hands.

"Oh my god." She said admiring the sweater. "This is adorable." She said with a cute pout on her face. "Can't wait for the weather to be colder so I can wear it." She said. She put the sweater aside, and dove into the box again, getting two small boxes. He noticed one of the boxes and opened his eyes wide, snatching it from her hands and putting it inside the pocket of his hoodie. "Hey!" She protested. "That's mine." She said with a pout.