[27] Perfect Never Ever After?

Start from the beginning

"Let's finish it."

With her newfound strength, Lesso actually managed to stand upright again. The redhead spat some blood from her mouth before walking towards Rafal with her head held high and her sword drawn. "It's about time you finally take responsibility for all your actions!" she hissed and attacked another time, bringing the fight between the two of them to a previously unimaginable climax.

Even though the sword in Lesso's hands was not meant to be wielded by evil forces, Y/N's magic still managed to make the blade feel surprisingly light. Again and again Lesso attacked the evil magician, who from now on had to dodge not only Lesso's magic, but the swift strokes of the sword, whose tip was just waiting to taste his evil blood and deal him the death blow.

Rafal was still in the upper hand despite everything, of course he was. He was, after all, pure evil itself and had studied this art of magic far longer and more deeply than any of them. But upon closer inspection, Y/N noticed that his movements had become slower and more ponderous. To all appearances, this fight seemed to be slowly taking its toll on him.

Hectically, Y/N looked around the room, her eyes wandering over the individual pieces of furniture in the hope of finding something that would be of use to them in some way, and sure enough!

The young woman reached out for the dagger that stood as a trinket on one of the many shelves. With a little help from her magic, she managed to bring the dagger to her. The blade would not be strong enough to stop someone as powerful as Rafal, but it would at least hurt and weaken him.

Y/N gathered all that was left of her strength to stand up. With sheer willpower, she struggled to take her first steps forward before launching herself at Rafal with a loud battle cry.
The magician had not expected this ambush and so he wheeled around to stop Y/N's attack and ultimately kill her, but it was not to come to that.

The moment Rafal was distracted by Y/N's attack, Lesso could hear the soft whisper again, and this time it spoke, "This is your chance, take it."

And that is exactly what Lesso did. It had been a mistake for Rafal to turn his back on her. The red-haired dean lunged at him from behind and pierced his body with the silver sword. The magician stopped what he was doing and merely looked down at himself. Blood gushed from the wound left by the enchanted sword, his breathing became heavier, and he staggered. And then... Then it was over, as Rafal went down and disappeared in a cloud of blood magic, as if he had never existed.

The dark clouds over the School for Good and Evil disappeared and the first rays of sunlight fell through the window. Y/N couldn't believe it yet. They had really done it. Rafal was defeated and that once and for all. The young woman raised her head and looked in Lesso's direction. The redhead dropped the sword on the ground. This last fight had really taken more out of her than she wanted to admit.

Lesso swayed a bit and before her strength could leave her entirely, Y/N was already there, supporting her as best she could. "You did it, Lesso! You stopped Rafal!" Y/N couldn't help beaming, at that moment she was filled with pure joy and she couldn't be prouder at that moment.

But Lesso merely shook her head, her hand resting against Y/N's cheek covered in scratches. "No, we did it. Without your help with the enchanted sword and your brave attack, I wouldn't have been able to stop Rafal." She frowned slightly at the mention of his name. "I hope he burns in hell now."

Y/N couldn't help but shake her head in amusement. Even now, when it was supposed to be a moment of celebration, Lesso was only focused on other things than the fact that they had won.

"Oh shut up and come here."

Y/N gently took Lesso's face between her hands and pulled her down a little to her, connecting both of their lips in a passionate kiss. The dean let out a surprised gasp, but she immediately returned the kiss, her bloodied hands wrapped around Y/N's body and pulled her a little closer. They were both full of dust, dirt and blood, so Y/N didn't mind a few bloody hands.