Chapter 39

Chapter 39: God's Affection

       In the end, to the Morai, it didn't matter if Aphrodite's current champion is a child or not. They wouldn't care about this detail as long as he went and didn't oppose his destiny.

After consulting the Morai, Aphrodite decided to make her moves early at this time. She was bothered and annoyed that the orchestrated tapestry need to be adjusted. Yet, like the Morai... In the end, it doesn't matter to her as long as her current Champion would be successful on his journey and put one of the many bastards of Poseidon into place.

Speaking of Poseidon, the God of the Seas had been too silent. And he hasn't attended the occasional meetings of Olympus Gods. Even Zeus started to take notice of it. And maybe, Zeus who was too busy chasing the skirts of the mortal maidens would eventually fulfill his promise of talking to his brother.

Right now, Aphrodite doesn't care about Poseidon. What mattered to her was winning against him. If her champion manages to defeat his bastard son, she would get a gift and a request from the God of the Sea. And Aphrodite would fulfill a request and give God a gift if Poseidon's bastard son won.

Now that her current champion has finally encountered Poseidon's bastard son Pelias and the two mortals have made a deal with each other, it was now time for Aphrodite to make her move and assist her Champion.

Originally, she would test her champion before offering her assistance but since her champion was already preparing for his Grand Journey. It was too late to implement the simple trial.

But hearing Apollo and Athena talk about her champion fondly, it seems that the trial to test the goodness of his heart isn't needed. In Athens, her champion has also a lot of good reputation and lar with the citizens.

-----------------------

     After returning to Athens, it took 3 months for everything to be prepared for the sail for the Golden Fleece.

Within the first month, it was a big surprise for Jason to finally met Aphrodite.

Their first meeting... It went well.  As nice as possible without Jason being rude to the Greek Goddess of Love and glaring at her considering what could she possibly have done in the future.

" You are Iason. It was a surprising sight to see my current champion so young. But at a young age, you are already a prodigy. I hope that you would become a great hero like the other exemplary models out there. "

" I... It's an h- honor to meet you great Goddess Aphrodite. Just seeing your presence was a blessing to my and my future companion's journey. But I have one simple request great goddess, would it be alright, if you address me by my current name Diomedes?  "

" Oh? So, do you wish to go with your former name? Do you not wish to honor your mentor? "

" I. My teacher and I have already talked about the matter of my name. But I wanted to honor my father and mother by the name that they have given to me. "

" Hmm.  Interesting, as you wish. My little champion. Let's put aside the pleasantries, shall we? I have come here to see you before you would go on your journey. I hope that your endeavor would be successful. Bring back the Golden Fleece and give me the glory of defeating Poseidon on our deal.. Would you do it for me, my little champion? "

" I.. Yes! I would do my best, Great Goddess! "

" Fufu. Since Athena and Apollo seems to be fond of you, I shall ask if they would willing to help me with your current troubles of procuring the ship for your journey and future companions. But before I go and look for their help, you would have my blessing my little champion. "

Jason still remembered being surprised by the following actions of Aphrodite. With many people bearing witness and Chiron being there, Jason wished for the ground to consume him.

" Wha?! "

Jason at that time didn't expect the Greek Goddess of Love to embrace him and suddenly kiss him on his forehead.

" This would be my blessing to you, my little champion. I shall look for Athena and Apollo now. "

After saying those words, the Goddess of Love disappeared. Noticing the people around and Chiron who was looking upset and dumbfounded at the same time, Jason was embarrassed by what transpired.

Even though Jason hasn't a favorable impression of Aphrodite because of the things that she would have done that would result in Medea ending up falling in love with the original or him that he would take his place... This thing that happened was very complicated.

Jason was ashamed to admit that he has a weakness for pretty faces. And seeing Aphrodite's inhuman beauty made him let down his guard. Learning his lesson, Jason should proceed to be more cautious and wary of God and Goddesses. And not just the Greek deities but the people around him.

If this is the modern day back in his world, no matter how beautiful Aphrodite is and even she was giving the big mommy and Ara Ara vibes. The FBI would certainly come knocking on her doors to arrest her.

Suddenly invading his space, she was a very rude goddess.

After Aphrodite's visit, It was Athena and Apollo's turn. This time, they were in their humanoid form. (Jason was still uncertain if the version of the Greek Gods of this world has a Machine God Form) They have brought another Olympian God with them.

Jason's first impression of the suspected Greek deity was that like Apollo, the possible Greek Deity was also a fucking Ikemen.

The possible Greek God has short blond wavy messy hair and bright green eyes. Looking at the attire of the possible Greek God and the staff that he was carrying, Jason has a bad premonition.

The winged hat, sandals as well as caduceus were a big giveaway of his identity.

" Ah, seeing you for the first time, you have taken some of my features. My great grandson! "

It was Hermes, the messenger of the Gods.