Chapter 29

Chapter 29: The child goes on adventure

        In the city of Athens, it may not be known to Jason, but he has developed quite a reputation for the last 2 years that he lives in the city. Not just because he was a very talented student and someone to who Chiron put special care and teachings, but because it was said that he was blessed by the patron Goddess of their city. How could be a little child appear to be learned about different subjects and aspects of arts if he didn't receive a blessing from the gods and goddesses of Olympus?

No mortal would claim that they learned aren't from their deities. No one would be so arrogant and boastful if they didn't want to incur their wraths. It was a recent thing that the Arachne has been punished by the Goddess Athena herself for being too boastful and full of herself. Proclaiming herself greater from the Gods. The Goddess punished her for her sins. Athens who was known to have chosen Athena as their goddess also heard the news coming outside from their city.

When they heard the news, they thought that she have deserved it. No one should be claiming that they were greater than the Gods. But there were some other people whose interest was on the other.

They have heard that the little prodigy of their city and Chiron have attended the Wedding between the God of Beekeeping and his wife Autonoë. It reached their ears that the little prodigy have gifted them with the most satisfying gift that the couple could have. Most people who attended the wedding praised their little prodigy Diomedes. Because of it, the small game that he had earned in Athens spread also to other places.

After the wedding, Chiron and Diomedes returned to Athens. People were secretly worried that Diomedes would be affected by the rumors and his newfound fame. Some thought that he was just a little child. It would be too cruel for him it would be punished by the Goddess Athena herself because he would follow the footsteps of that Arachne woman.

In the two years that Diomedes live in Athens, he has been helpful towards the children like him in Athens. With his presence, he encourages the children to take learning seriously. He also helped the people using his strange brand of magic. The people would never think that something spectacular like magic was also possible to use in their trivial and normal lives.

Diomedes is a kind child. At first, he would appear distant and cold. But you would learn that he was a very caring person. He was someone filled with eccentric behaviors and dressed in strange clothes, nonetheless, people in Athens thought that he was a very good person.

They would never want a child like him to lose his way and stray to the wrong path. Thus, they made sure that they wouldn't show much appreciation and praise towards the child's works and efforts. Rumors embellishing more of his deeds and even any stories related to his greatness wouldn't be circulated to the city. It would be good if the child would just maintain himself being humble. Continuing being his good self.

On his 10th birthday, his classmates and his school celebrated his birthday. People that he have helped within the past two years in the city, started to give their gifts to the child to the latter's surprise. As for Chiron who was teaching the little prodigy, perhaps, for the child, it was enough that the great Centaur was with him.

They heard from the children and the teachers at the academy that the celebration was successful.

After the birthday celebration, things were normal and back to the normal routine of the city. Diomedes would be in the Academy and helping and encouraging the little children. Sometimes, he would go around the city and help the people who needs help with his magic no matter how small or trivial the task. There were also times where he would help people heal with his magic or through the medicines that he learned from the Centaur Chiron. He would also continuously learn Archery from his teacher despite his ability to wield magic. Diomedes was a child who pursued knowledge and put effort into learning. He was someone who seeks to improve himself. Despite being a little prodigy, he was a hard worker and someone who was determined.

It was traits that the students and teachers from the Academy he attends learned. Despite already being talented in archery and magic at a young age, he never stops improving and pushing himself forward. He practices frequently. It was an admirable and worrying trait for a little child like him. Even Chiron who appreciates hard work can't help but have a frown on his face lately.

After the wedding and his student's birthday, he notice the frequency of Diomede's practice increased. For Diomedes who likes relaxing and enjoying the bliss of life, it was something that wasn't normal. It was strange behavior for him.

Chiron has a suspicion on why does his student was pushing himself lately. But he would never stop his behavior. Once Diomedes put his mind into something, it would be hard to have his mind change. He would be someone who would be stubborn and decisive on that 'idea' that he thought was good on his mind.

A month later and in the middle of Autumn, the City of Athens was then surprised when the little prodigy Diomedes disappeared from their city. Chiron who have let his guard down because his student decreased the amount of his practice was now experiencing a headache because of the intentionally left message from his student.

[ Chiron, I'm sorry for the pain that I have put you through for the last month. Since I learned of my Father's Death, I know that I must do it.

There was a time when that after the accident happened that I dreamed of my father. He said to me that I should make them proud and inherit the throne.

As for why I am leaving, it was for different reasons.

I'm sorry and thank you for everything Chiron. I know that you have told me of his circumstances... I am not leaving Athens because I was angry at you. I know that you must have been burdened with guilt because of him. But I know that it wasn't your fault. And I wasn't also guilty that for me, you are someone who I treated more as a father than him.

Don't worry about me and please take care of yourself.

Please, don't follow and stop me.

Once more, I am grateful for the care and love that you have given me. Chiron you are the best father that I ever had in this world. ]