Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Esteemed Magician

        On one of the hills of Iolcus, two people are staring at the festivities that going around in the city-kingdom. The long black-haired young man turned his head to the other person who was younger than him.

" Are you alright now? "

He asked towards the blond-haired little boy who has dirty green eyes. The latter then nodded his head and smiled slightly.

" Yes, It was thanks to you esteemed magician for healing my wounds. "

" Don't worry about it.. "

Of course, these two people who were currently in one of the hills of Iolcus were Jason who was currently in disguise and going by the name of 'Medes' and the other was the young child who he have helped earlier Promachus.

Jason then stared at Promachus for a moment and he couldn't also help but complain that the kid was acting respectful to him now because he revealed that he was a magician. It was different from his previous treatment of being rude earlier. Jason then smiled.

" I won't pry about your past but I just wanted to ask if you would remain on Iolcus? You have bought your freedom earlier from the princess, but looking at her, she doesn't seem like someone who takes promises and oaths seriously. "

Jason muttered while Promachus listened to him. He was worried that the princess would do something bad to this kid when she realize that she was tricked. The latter then stared at Jason with suspicion.

" Why do the esteemed young magician ask? "

" I think that it was better for you to don't remain in this place. "

Promachus stayed quiet for a moment before replying

" I can't do that. "

Promachus shook his head.

" I was waiting for someone. "

" Someone? "

Promachus stayed silent for a few seconds before Jason look thoughtfully at the kid.

Even though he just met the kid today, Jason wanted to help him to make his life a little better.

" Well. If you wanted to leave before I leave here in Iolcus, you could call for my help. I could help you get to Athens. You would have a much better life there than in this place. There are a lot of nice people in that place.  "

" Thank you... "

Promachus stared at Jason with a complicated expression. He didn't expect this magician to barge into his life and even ended up offering his help and an out to his situation.

But sadly, Promachus wasn't determined to leave this place until that person arrives. And when that happens... He will... He will...

While Jason was staring at the Palace of Iolcus and thinking of how should he approach Pelias and an audience with him after his observation, Jason suddenly flinched when he felt something. He turned his head and stared at Promachus in confusion.

" Is there something wrong esteemed Magician Medes? "

Promachus asked with a neutral expression.

Jason sighed and shook his head.

" Well.. "

It must be just an illusion. For a moment, Jason thought that he felt a strong killing intent coming from Promachus. Looking at Promachus who was malnourished, Jason was reminded of the rowdy kids back in Athens.

" Since, you don't want to leave. How about helping me to know a lot of places here in Iolcus? Don't worry, I would pay you and we can also eat while we travel around! "

Promachus nodded his head.

" Okay. "

" Good! Starting from now, you are my temporary guide. "

" Tour guide? What is that? "

" Someone who showed visitors different locations of interest around a city. "

" I see. Then, allow me to assist you esteemed magician and I would wait for the payment. "

--------------------------

      True to his words, Promachus helped Jason to get more familiar with Iolcus and its different places. It was estimated it was faster than his original expected time when he was only planning to get familiar with Iolcus by himself.

Eventually, before the sun sets, the touring in Iolcus ended. It was now time for Promachus and Jason to part. But before that could happen, Jason decided to let them have eaten another meal together just like what happened earlier in the morning and at noon.

With the meat that Jason bought from the market and the spices that he has with him in his storage, Jason and Promachus set a campfire to grill the meat that Jason bought. After making sure that it was properly cooked, Jason passed one of the slices of meat that was staked on a stick. Like a barbecue that was bigger than the normal size thrice.

" This is delicious! "

Promachus exclaimed as he started eating his food with enthusiasm. Jason smiled wryly when he saw the kid wolf down his food.

" Hey... There's more food to eat. Promachus, you should slow down on eating your food. "

He was concerned that the kid would choke on his food if he didn't stop eating his food very fast.

A few minutes later, it seems his worry was unfounded. Promachus licked off his finger and he also prayed and praise the Olympian Gods after that.

After satisfying his stomach, he stared at Jason. He would never think that he would encounter someone kind to him. The esteemed magician in front of him was different from the tales and stories told by the rumors.

He wasn't someone old. The young magician in front of him isn't someone who was concerned about formalities and he was unusually kind.

If this magician has malicious intentions, what could he possibly want from him? He wasn't that person at all.

He was nothing special. Someone who wasn't worth remembering in history.

Starting at Jason with a complicated expression, Promachus asked the young magician.

" What could make the esteemed magician such as yours arrive in this place? "

He controlled his expression to act as childish and show his curiosity in his expression.

Seeing the child looking at him with curiosity, Jason decided to indulge the kid's question.

" I would like to have an audience with the king of this place. "

Tomorrow, Jason would finally decide to confront Pelias, and even with the negative rumors expressing Pelias in a negative light by most of the people here in the Iolcus.