Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Accompanying Chiron for necessities

No matter how many times Jason was wearing the freaking toga-like clothes, he would never get used to them. They are too loose and revealing to his liking. Only reaching to his knees. Add the fact that there's no underwear underneath his clothes. He feels like he was a horrible person. An exhibitionist which he wasn't. It was very shameful every time that he thought of it.

Unfortunately for him, when he ask Chiron about it one time, he learned that there is no freaking underwear. Aside from food, Jason would like to have other necessities that he needs while he accompanies Chiron in the city.

Currently, they were in a city or kingdom called Iolcus. When the first time that Jason heard it from Chiron, he felt that the name of the city sounds familiar. Maybe he has read it in a book and watched it once on that animated greek mythology show but he has already forgotten them.

His memories about Greek mythology are already failing him. The things that he only remember were that Most of the Gods of Olympus are jerks, the tales of Hercules, the Trojan War, and stories about the Olympus Gods. Additionally, he has only the minor fate lore facts as a helping tool in understanding and threading this world.

Jason was daunted every time he thought of the Olympus Gods. He knows how powerful they are and how he was only a normal modern person who suddenly found himself in the Ancient Greece of the Nasuverse. But he doesn't want to feel scared every day just by thinking about them. He would adapt to this new world. And prevent the fate of the body that he was occupying now. Jason doesn't want to be known by that man who gathered the heroes of Greece for the Golden Fleece. He doesn't want to be known as the man who would betray his wife. He doesn't want to be a man who would die withering and regret many things.

Step by step he would live. Changing every aspect of that person and being himself. Iason become Diomedes again because he wanted to distance himself from that man and his fate. He would change the fate of the body of this man for his own sake. He was a selfish person who only wanted to survive.

Jason decided to stick himself beside Chiron while they are wandering through the market of the Iolcus. Looking at the people and the surroundings gives more of a feeling that he was now living in Ancient Greece and not just living a primitive lifestyle in the mountain of Pelion together with Chiron. Speaking of Chiron, the man now has a normal foot of a man. Jason learned that he can change between a Centaur and a human form if Chiron willed his body to take the form of it. It was a useful skill since as they wander through the Market no one was staring at Chiron. He just looks like a normal human now, Jason was thankful for Chiron's useful ability. And it seems that no one has recognized Chiron. Jason has expected that since Chiron was known as the Teacher of some Greek Heroes in mythology, he should be known by the people of Greece right? Currently, Chiron was haggling with one of the vendors in the Market. Jason has also discovered that he was still within the age where the people of ancient Greece weren't still using a currency or money. From his hazy recollection, the people of Ancient Greece has a currency that they used for money. But it looks like Jason was in the period before that currency was used.

Chiron uses the herbs and the medicine that he produce in exchange for the goods within the market. Some people were exchanging for his medicine. But looking at what some of those people were in their grasp, Jason refuse to eat more unpalatable and hard bread. He sighed when he watched Chiron rejecting the offer of the man who was offering him those bread. He glances at the surroundings at the market and notices that he has mostly seen men in the market. So far, Jason didn't manage to see a glimpse of a woman. Earlier, Jason has also seen something that has made him uncomfortable and his stomach churn.

" Diomedes, what do you think of this? The vendor has said that this thing has a strong flavor. "

Jason was forced out of his thoughts when Chiron has asked him. It also gathered the attention of some people that made him uncomfortable. He decided to get closer to Chiron. Another thing that he notice while wandering was the absence of little children. He would stand out.

Jason stared at the thing that Chiron was holding. His eyes lit up when he saw it.

"Buying it! "

He responded automatically not caring that it was too enthusiastic. Finally, they have some spices that they can use. It would also be helpful when some of these spices can be planted in the mountains so they would have a supply for them every day.

Chiron smiled when he saw Iason or Diomedes respond to him with enthusiasm. He saw how his little student was uncomfortable when he saw a group of merchants and slaves earlier. He was satisfied that Diomedes was distracted by the spices.

After buying the spices, Chiron and Jason continued to wander through the market of Iolcus. Other than the food, Jason insisted on Chiron the importance of buying tools. Different objects like a knife, plates, fabrics, etc. Jason can only feel regret when Chiron has run out of things that he can barter to the vendors and the other people in the market. There are still many things that he wanted to buy and the things that they bought isn't enough. Next time, Chiron must buy those things. And Jason would help in making those medicines so that they can have more of those things that he needed. He would make sure of it!

After exploring the market, Chiron and Jason left the city of Iolcus unaware of the chaotic thoughts that were happening of one person in that city.