[14] With best wishes from Rafal

Start from the beginning

The meeting was over and even though Y/N couldn't be happier about the outcome of the Trial by Tale, there was still some concern resonating in her mind.

The young woman was on her way back to her room when her vision blurred a bit and she swayed slightly. "What's that?" Could it be that this was the exhaustion that was catching up with her after this eventful day? Y/N could not explain this feeling any other way. Her head was pounding and her breathing was also getting a little shallower. With every step she took, the dizziness grew stronger.

Y/N hurried to get to her room as quickly as possible, although she was rather swaying and stumbling along instead of walking.

She yanked open the door and had to lean on a small table. Her hands were shaking, but she was no longer cold. And when a sharp pain spread through her, almost taking her breath away, she could only keep herself on her feet with great difficulty. "What... is going on?" Y/N didn't understand why she was getting worse by the minute that passed, but then she heard a low, deep and even evil laugh in her room.

"Who is there?" she asked, looking around her room once, but no one was there. Had it gotten to the point now that she was imagining voices?

Another wave of pain came over her and Y/N's grip on the table tightened.
"Oh no, how pathetic. You can't even stand a little pain. You Evers are truly pitiful creatures." Y/N's head shot up when she heard that voice, and she winced a little in fright as a man stood in her mirror, wrapped in clothes as red as blood and a wicked smile on his lips.

"Y-you're Rafal!" uttered Y/N, gasping a little, droplets of sweat had formed on her forehead by now. The man in the mirror had to grin a little. "I see my reputation precedes me. I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance, Y/N. It's almost a bit of a shame that this will be the last time you'll ever see anyone." Rafal watched as Y/N slowly slumped on the floor. Her vision was completely blurred by now, and she could only guess at the Evil Mage's form.

"What have you done to me?" She managed to speak only with difficulty, blood running from her nose and scattered drops landing on the floor. "I must confess... you really are a pest, do you know that? Somehow I had to get rid of you and if my shadow creatures couldn't manage to hunt you down in this forest, well then I had to help a bit with poison. I hope the tea tasted good at least. But now, if you'll excuse me, I have some things to prepare for my next move. It's been nice chatting with you, and now... do me a favor and die quickly, will you?"

The figure of Rafal disappeared in a dark shadow and Y/N was left alone in her dark cold room. She could only see the shadow flying out of her window.
Slightly Y/N raised a hand as if to try to stop him, but by now she was far too weak to do so. Lightly she crouched down on the floor a single tear ran down her cheek and her last thoughts wandered to Lesso.

Y/N focused on her magic. "Please... please work" she brought forth weakly. Sure enough, her finger lit up a little. It wasn't much magic, she wouldn't manage to cast a big spell either, but it had to be enough to send a sign to Lesso.
"Find Lesso..." Her voice was just a soft breath by now, and she watched as the faint light flew away, over to the School for Evil, before everything around her went black and she lost consciousness.

Lesso was still in her office at the time, after all there was one or two things to prepare, when she heard the soft knock against her window. The dean turned around and saw a small light in the darkness of the night, growing paler by the minute. It was buzzing around outside her window, almost as if it wanted to get to her.

The redhead stepped closer to the window and opened it, confused by the light that came flying straight at her. "Find Lesso..." It was the projection of Y/N's voice. Lesso's eyes widened as she realized what it meant. "Y/N!"