{•XLII•}

{•Narrator•}

"And..... Done," the mother smiled as I finished doing her youngest daughter's hair.

"Thank you, Mummy," she beamed happily.

"Ciara, love... We're gonna be late," her husband said as he finished buttoning his good vest, walking into the room.

"Almost done," she said, standing up, already in her new gown. "Its not everyday we get invited to a Royal Wedding, Ben. We all have to look our best."

"Still hard to believe it..... A Warhol, a Lieseil and a Visigoth all in one, and now she's marrying a Blackwell.... What are the odds?"

"I still can't believe it much either..... Plus the fact we become members of her newly formed court?" Ciara smiled.

"Surprised they let me join after letting everyone finish that witch off," he grumbled.

"What witch?" Theo asked curiously, his tie still messily done as his older brother walked in, already dressed, along with his older sister.

"Ben, please... Not in front of the children," Ciara scolded, standing up. "The danger has passed, the Founder's have even given us this home after our old one has been destroyed. We can move on now...."

Ben frowned before walking over and pulling his wife into his arms, surprising her.

"I'm sorry..... I-I was just so scared, Ciara...." he muttered to her nervously. "Every day since they took you, I feared for you and the children...."

Ciara frowned. It was clear just how scared her husband was before she was finally rescued and reunited with him.

She then wrapped her arms around him and hugged him close.

"You can't even imagine what it was like in that mansion..... All the death and horror....." she said. "I'm just glad I escaped, and found you again...."

He smiled when suddenly....

"Mother....?" Fae spoke as she adjusted her skirt.

"Yes, dear?" Ciara asked as she and Ben looked at their eldest child, who stood with her brother, Fynn.

"Is it true?" Fynn asked. "That... That you are friends with The Lost Princess...?"

Ciara and Ben looked at each other, before Ciara smiled and knelt down in front of her children.

"Why, yes.... I am friends with Princess Dream," she said. "After all, she helped bring our family back together...."

"Wait, is she who the story was about?" Fae asked. "Back at the refugee center in Wismont Island....."

"I remember that story!" Theo said excitedly. "Father taught us the story back on the Island after we heard other children talk about her!!"

Ciara looked up at her husband amusingly as he bashfully looked away.

"Can you tell us the story of the Lost Princess again?" Rosie asked me, tugging on her father's hand. "Pleeeeease!?"

Ciara chuckled and smiled as she and Ben looked at each other, and he smiled back.

"Alright, we'll tell you the story, but we have to be heading out soon before the carriage arrives, so we'll make it quick," Ben assured.

The children cheered and gathered around as we settled in their sitting room, Rosie climbing onto Ben's lap.

Flynn and Fae sat on either side of their parents as Theo sat on his mother's lap.

"Now.... Once upon a time.... A couple, who were very powerful aristocrats, called the big castle in the outskirts their home..." Ben started as Rosie rested against her father.