{•XXXIV•}

⚠️Warning: Mentions of childhood trauma, mention of family/mass death, and mentions of war/battle. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

{•Larisa•}

"Those were quite some impressive marks that you left on your mate, your majesty," Michael joked as we carefully walked through the large entrance hall.

"Don't be vulgar, Michael. The day you marry your mate, you'll understand," I scolded him.

He chuckled as we continued through the Blackwell Castles.

Vandals from the rebellion clearly made work with destroying the castle.

I sighed as I looked at everything sadly.

Forgive me, Queen Mother.... I tried to protect your beloved home.... We all did.....

"Say... If my memory serves you right...." Michael suddenly said as I was pulled from my thoughts.

I looked over at him.

"You were born in the Transylvanian realm, too.... Correct?" he asked.

I stopped in my tracks as my team surveyed the area, and then sighed quietly.

"Yes...." I said. "However, I had to flee when I was still a child.... During the Transylvanian Massacre many decades ago...."  she said.

He pursed his lips. "I remember that.... Catholic Hunters held a witch hostage and forced her to opened a portal to our own Transylvanian realm in order to capture and slaughter every vampire, lycan, and even witch in the land... Many of us were sent to different realms for sanctuary, mostly Salem or Enchantrix, and we gained control, but.... It was still a mass genocide..... Many covens, packs and circles were wiped out....."

"Mine included....." I confessed.

He looked up at me, shocked and confused.

I took a deep breath and looked down  "I came from a noble family... We aided the leaders of our coven..... Usually children born as vampires get their fangs at the age of 5, and we slowly stop aging early into adulthood, but.... I got my fangs earlier than most... Which automatically made me a prime target to the hunters, along with others, children especially...."

He frowned sadly, as if he understood, and I looked away.

"My parents had allies in the Void Realm, so they had me and a few other children of different covens transported here for sanctuary just as the walls crumbled.... Most of us didn't make it, and....." I mumbled, feeling tears. "I.... I never saw them, my family, or my coven again......."

He looked at me sadly. "I'm so sorry, your majesty.... I can't imagine what you had to endure, and at such a young age......."

I sighed, looking over. "Years passed, I'm the only remaining member of the now extinct Nightshade Coven..... All my family, friends..... They're all gone..... Slaughtered by the same kinds of monsters we fight tonight....." I said in a shakey voice as I looked at him, then at everyone else as they surveyed the area.

He looked at me sadly. "I can only imagine a portion of your pain.... Some members of the Black Sun Coven survived, but only thanks to my mother," he said, looking sad. "She sacrificed herself to hide me, my siblings, and our servants from hunters who infiltrated our castle..... My father died long before the massacre took place"

I frowned. "I'm sorry....."

He gave me a sad smile as I looked down.

I pursed my lips and looked up, holding back tears. "The Obsidian Empire was still relatively new.... Just like me... The family I stayed with was good friends with mine, so they took good care of me," I explained. "I was enrolled into the Blackwell Finishing School for Girls once I was old enough, was at top of my class....."