{•XXXIII•}

{•Remington•}

I put down my quill before looking over at Lynette as she slept in our bed.

Pepper had snuck into our room so she was curled up nearby between our pillows.

Assuming because its a full moon, her owners are most likely.... Busy..... So the poor thing probably came looking for a peaceful nap with us....

Lynette won't feel the effects of the full moon since she's human, and I'm only half vampire for now, so I'm not going to be feeling much.

I smiled softly at Lynette as I walked over, leaving the note on her breakfast tray nearby and taking a deep breath.

This was it.

In a few hours, we march into town and fight until our last breath for our home, and for everyone's freedom.

I was summoned very early to discuss how we will all be splitting into groups and assigned specific areas of the empire, and decided to let Lynette sleep a bit more before she had to wake up.

I also asked Jay to bring her some breakfast for when she woke up.

We may win. We may lose. We'll never know what obstacles await us, or what our fate will be, of Obsidian truly does have a future.

Nonetheless, its best we be prepared for any and all outcomes.

I softly stroked her hair as she slept, then leaned down to kiss her temple before standing up and quietly walking out.

I only hope tomorrow is a new day....

{•Sebastian•}

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the painting hung before me.

What would they think? Would they have done the same?

Everything I've done, has been for the good of my people and my family.... However is.... Is it enough....?

"My love...." a voice spoke and I turn to see Larisa walk over to me

I then noticed her eyes were red and took a deep breath in realization.

"Of course, a full moon.... I forgot vampires will be a bit more, well..." I sighed as she leaned against me.

"You never complained of that before," she said, walking over and leaning against me, hugging my side.

I smiled down at her as we looked up at the portrait again.

"They would be proud of you, Sebastian...." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "They would have never let Obsidian become a battlefield...."

"Our people are safe, which is more important and we will save the ones still captured," she assured. "Sebastian, you have done everything right ever since you took possession of the crown.... You've proven yourself worthy of this throne, even the Warhol's say that...."

I took a deep breath as she held my hand.

"We will take back our empire....." she said. "Our job is almost complete."

I looked and smiled at her before leaning in and kissing her softly.

"I love you.... I want you to be careful tonight, for my sake," I said.

"You know I will," she assured. "We will win, take back our home, Lynette and the Warhol's will take charge, and then.... You and I can live at peace, and.... Finally have our honeymoon...."

I looked at her as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Where would you like to go, my love?"

"Hmmm.... Anywhere its just you and me.... And our little Mishka, or course," she said. "Surprise me, I say."