{•VII•}

⚠️ Warning: Mentions of depression, effects of grief, and mental struggling, as well as slight mentions of blood. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Emerson•}

"Its been almost 2 weeks...." Leda said worriedly as we stood at the entrance of the gardens. "She's not eating, or taking anymore of her treatments..... She's not sleeping either...."

We stood at the door as Lynette sat outside in the garden's gazebo alone, holding the pocket watch to her chest and blankly staring at nothing....Almost looking completely catatonic...

Time passed since she left the infirmary, and ever since then, she's been mentally getting worse.

She's pushed everyone away and is isolating herself, and refuses to eat or drink anything, as well as refusing anymore of her blood treatments or even medicine for the wounds and pain she still has.

We figured that she must have finally had time to let everything set in and is trying to come to terms about Remington's death...

"She's lost her mate....." I sighed. "Until we manage to do something, a widowed mate would rather die than live without their other half..... Keep in mind, she'd only just been given a chance to mourn over him after being tortured nearly nonstop for weeks....."

She looked over sadly at me before looking over at Lynette.

"Our poor duchess....." She said sadly, holding her hands to her chest. "She can't go on like this forever... Who knows what this can do to her mentally, let alone to her health....."

I sighed and nodded. "I know.... Listen, Leda, umm... Why don't you go help Shy and Thomas with the records.... I'll talk to her, see if I can at least get her to eat something....."

She nodded and bowed before walking off and I looked back at the gazebo.

I took a deep breath and walk over, and then slowly approaching Lynette.

She looked so exhausted... Still pale, with some injuries still taking time to heal.... She's also lost a significant amount of weight, even more now since she's not eating....

What broke me was her eyes..... Once a bright blue and full of life, now dull and full of pain, almost dimmed to grey......

The Visigoths will pay dearly for this...

"Lynette..." I spoke, and she looked over at me with watery eyes, her face almost blank.

"I know you're hurting, dear duchess..... I know inside you're dying and in horrible pain.... I know it seems like the end of the world, but you can't go on like this....." I said. "He wouldn't want that.... Not for you...."

She was quiet as I knelt down in front of her.

"He loved you so much.... He wouldn't want you to waste away like this....." he said.

She remained quiet as she quietly took a deep breath.

"Seven forty-seven...." she mumbled blankly.

I looked at her in confusion. "I-I'm sorry, what...?"

"Seven forty-seven...." she mumbled. "Ever since I first met Remington, for some reason I kept seeing those 3 numbers together.... Waking up at that exact time, especially after my dreams.... The numbers 747... I see them everywhere....."

I looked at her, not knowing at all what she was talking about.

"The same numbers.... The pictures in my head.... The voices in my head..... It all happened after knowing him....." she said, almost as if to herself. " All of it has to means something... Right....""