{•X•}

⚠️WARNING: Mentions of blood, death, and declining mental health. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

{•Sebastian•}

I watched as Lynette sat at the table, Leda and Billie standing behind her as Andrew sat across her next to Larisa and Shy in the council room.

Emerson, Austin and I were standing around as well. Priestess Genevieve also stood in the room, alongside her husband, James.

Lynette had a blank face, fingers were interlaced together and against her lips and elbows on the table, as if in deep thought. However I could tell she was very upset, practically angry, after this discovery.

In a way... I can't exactly blame her...

After we showed her Remington, she washed up and changed quickly to a dress and asked to see us all, aside from Damiano and his coven who were doing research in the library.

"Lynette, we can explain-" Larisa tried.

"Stop..." Lynette calmly cut her off, holding her hands up. "J-Just...."

Larisa stopped and pursed her lips as Lynette closed ehr eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"I need the truth... All of it..." she said, looking up at me. "Every detail... No more secrets...."

I then started to remember the journey I made that night and quietly took a deep breath and told her....

*Flashback*

I slapped the reins on Avant Garde as we sped through the heavy rain, Austin and some of the guards on horseback behind me.

The town was abandoned, and things were destroyed and some were still burning, Visigoth grafitti litering some of the destroyed buildings.

Damn.... Damn them all.....

It wasn't long until I made it through the Blackwell gates and found my way to the courtyard.

That's when I noticed something laying on the ground, making me realize it was a person.

I held my hand up and everyone stopped as I quickly jumped off the horse, and got my sword out.

Despite the juniper almost out of my body, I still kept myself armed just in case.

I quickly rushed over to the body, Austin and Andrew running up with me, and sure enough it was Remington, stake laying beside him.

The nerve.... They just leave him where they took him down....

I knelt down and examined him, seeing blood in his mouth, black veins tainting his ashen skin, his hair starting to turn black.

"O-Oh...... My poor little brother.... What have they done to you...?" I whimpered, holding his still face.

I looked back up, not seeing anyone else.....

Where is she....??

"No...... LYNETTE!!!" I screamed out into the night. "LYNETTE, WHERE ARE YOU!? ANSWER ME!!!!"

It was silent as I looked around frantically past the rain. That's noticed a small pool of blood near where Remington was, almost washed away by the water.

I leaned closer, managing to get a scent, and gasped as realization set in.

"No....." I cried in defeat, looking down at Remington's body.