{•XIV•}

⚠️Warning: Slight mentions of past trauma involving murder, abuse and torture. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Sebastian•}

Our family was whole again.

I had my little brother back, and I can finally be able to be at peace.

Of course, he would find some struggle to feed and most of his powers won't be intact without his fangs. Priestess Genevieve examined him and confirmed that he still has some of his vampiric powers intact, like thirst for blood and high senses, but other facotrs like immortality, speed and most of his strength are compromised.

He'll struggle a bit getting used to technically being "half-human," but I am just more than glad he's alive and back.

Lynette is also over the moon and sky to have him back. I can tell she's even better now, and more than glad to be reunited with him.

Thinking about it, I'd say its also a successful early birthday gift for her.

We got him cleaned up and fed well that night, and let him and Lynette stay together.

Next morning we decided to let them sleep in for a little bit while Emerson, Damiano and I took care of some matters.

"We have word from your Wismont spies via sparrow delivery," Andrew stated as he stood in front of me in the reception room with Austin next to him, which we turned to a throne room and handing me a small scroll. "Looks like the Visigoth's are planning something."

I looked at the message and decipered the Morse code.

"Carriage full of strange corrosive liquid. Heavily armed guards. Some seen on patrol," I read, then pursed my lips. "They're plotting something... By the sounds of it, it could be a bomb...."

"For who? The whole town is deserted," Damiano asked.

"Not exactly... Considering the only ones left in the city is the Obsidian Empire Chronicle, we have reason to believe they could be targeted due to the bad press they give the Visigoth's..." Andrew said.

"They refused to evacuate in order to cover any news in Obsidian and keep everyone updated, but have had to up security around their building by tenfold..." I sighed.

"We can try to convince them to evacuate to Wismont again," Austin asked.

"No need... The island's at its limit, and they want to continue covering the entire realm, they won't get that if they're behind the walls..." I said, trying to think. "Hmmm..."

Just then the doors opened and Shy and Larisa walked in, with their bags and cloaks on.

"We are ready," Larisa said, walking in with Shy as they approached us.

I sighed softly, motioning to the men to wait before walking over. "Must you really go, my love?" I asked Larisa we we pulled each other into a hug, Shy going to Emerson.

"We promised Lynette we would head out once we we had a way to bring Remington back. Now that they are back in each other's arms, then we can go about our business," she said. "I have my own duties as well, my beloved husband, especially to my friends."

"Plus, her birthday is in 2 days," Shy added. "We'll be back by then."

I sighed. "Very well. Just be safe," I said, sharing a kiss with

"While you're there, love, bring back that strange TruMoo concoction that the humans have. Its the only good they have in that realm," Emerson said happily.