{•XX•}

⚠️ Warning: Mentions of violence, abuse, trauma, & murder in this chapter. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Lynette•}

I groaned as I woke up, seeing it was morning and feeling groggy, my cheeks sticky from tears.

I sighed as I rolled over and rubbed my face before I looked over, seeing Remington laid next to me, and I remembered what happened last night.

I sighed as I slowly sat up, trying not to wake him.

I've had some pretty awful birthdays in my lifetime....Yet this one.... This has definitely got to be the worst one ever....

I slowly got up from the bed and grabbed my robe, pulling it on before heading to the bathroom.

I took a deep breath as I walked over to the sink and taking a deep breath, looking into the mirror.

It has to be a joke.... This has to be some awful nightmare and I'll wake up and finding this all out never happened....

I sniffled and look away before turning on the sink and splashing some cold water on my face.

I leaned against the counter and tried to calm myself, taking a deep breath.

"What do you know?" I asked out loud, but in a whisper as I looked at myself in the mirror.

It was quiet when suddenly....

"... Everything you saw...."

"Is that all, though?" I murmured.

It was quiet as I stood there

"I have to ask, and I need an answer... No more vagueness.... Where is my father?" I asked. "Do you know the answer to that question?"

I got silence before he finaly responded

".... I can't say...."

I sighed, pursing my lips.

I need some air....

I grabbed a towel and dried my face, then exiting the room.

I saw Remington was still asleep and sighed softly.

Where does all of this leave me and Remington....? What does this mean for the Blackwell's now?? Sebastian and Larisa especially.....

I closed my eyes, holding back tears before quietly walking out.

It was still early... No one's out yet.... Good...

I quietly walk out and headed outside, going to the large balcony that overlooked the entire land....

My land... My people.... I never would have thought....

I stood there, taking a deep breath,and that's when I felt tears immediatelystarting to fall and I quietly burst into tears, covering my mouth to suppress any noise.

Ever since I could remember..... I thought I was just cast aside and left for dead by my birth parents, that I was unwanted.... Just left to fend for myself in a government system that barely even acknowledges the children they're supposed to take care of..... Exposed to abuse and neglect because nobody wanted me.....

Now I find out..... I did have a family....

A mother who never got the chance to even hold me before dying from all the stress she suffered while giving birth....