{•XXX•}

⚠️Warning: Mentions of past trauma, violence and death in this chapter. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Lynette•}

"So... My mother and father never hurt Remington at all?" I asked him.

"Nope. The treatment did tire him out plenty, but never really caused him any injury or severe pain," Alexander explained as he continued to sit on the ground. He held the shock collar in his hands as me and Sandman stood before him, as if holding it can make the shocks hurt less.

"Did they work?" I asked. "Because Remington was still plagued, up until the Blackwell's took him in..."

"They were working, slowly but surely.... Until Amadeus intervened, per my orders," he said. "He was to infiltrate undercover, but Elvira, she... She was too damn clever.... Too smart to trick, no thanks to your father."

"My father?" I asked.

"Bartholomew had a talent for mathematics, science, critical thinking and code as well..." Sandman said. "Taught your mother everything..."

"Precisely.... Which is how your mother used cryptic code for her notes," Alexander said. "However, from what we could learn, your mother obtained possession of some sort of stone, a strange moonstone that Bartholomew fabricated through alchemy, that is said to help with cleansing and healing of the mind and soul."

"She was helping him from night terrors that were physically harming him.... That would be the only reason any moonstone is involved in any use," Sandman added. "However, altering it is a gamble, it can increase intuition or cause the dreamer to hallucinate or hear things... They need to be prepared physically and mentally for a moonstone treatment."

"Well, Lieseil managed something with that stone that was working..... Eloise had her suspicions on Amadeus ever since the beginning... Add to that, the fool got the silly idea to getting close to her by trying to drive a wedge between your parents, despite Eloise already being married to Bartholomew, " Alexander said.

"How so?" I asked.

"Not sure... Your father taught her well, including elaborate cryptography... Its how she wrote her notes, in case it were to ever fall in the wrong hands. Amadeus knew better than any of us, however, and when your mother suspected, she even left a clue that tricked Amadeus into exposing himself, hence why he was angry with Elvira..." Alexander added.

"The day he harrassed her..." I said in realization.

"Correct," he said. "She was only 3 months pregnant with you when that happened.... After that, I can't really say, since its unclear what followed, but I do know it lead to Elvira trying to hide Patient X and his brothers, with help from the traveler himself, Hermes... As well as most likely coming up with a plan to protect you from us..."

"Sebastian said that he, Remington and Emerson were running through some maze, similar to that one... That they were scared and running like hell from something... Or someone..." I said, pointing at the building. "What were they running from?"

"They were hiding from my men..... We had tried to raid the mental estate, but were defeated no thanks to some special soldiers from Wismont Island that Lieseil was friends with... Wismont Royal Society Guardsmen, something like that..."

"I've met them... Their leader isn't exactly close with my friend," Sandman scoffed.

"Which friend?" I asked.